Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
http://www.rvparkstore.com/rv-...for-rent-in-tampa-fl

Worth a look?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We live just south of Sarasota about 15 miles. There are a number of nice campgrounds in this area. Ramblers Rest and Venice Campgrounds are both on the Myakka River and near I75. You'd have to check with them on pricing and availability, but both are very nice. If this area is close enough for you I can poke around a little about others. I know there's one on Siesta Key right on the beach but I doubt anything is available for winter long term. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to check out for you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
In any event, I'd suggest picking a park and making reservations soon.

Software like RV Plan 'N' Go would be helpful; sadly, it superceded RV Campground Navigator, a much more informative app. The former omits many public parks Frowner

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
My friend wants us to go to Siesta Key. Says it is very nice.
Rusty is right. A week or so ago, I had an awful time finding one of the smaller old hotels with a vacancy in Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale or Lauderdale by the sea.

It so happens I think I will sell my Pleasure-Way Class B and get back into a Barth or Foretravel Grand Villa big enough for extended Winter stays in warmer climate.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tere and I have stayed at Turtle Beach Campground on Siesta Key. It is right on the water. Used to be called Gulf Beach Campground when it was privately owned. The county now owns it and the stay is restricted, I think maybe two weeks at a time. The ambiance is fantastic, especially if you get one of the sites close to the water. Bath houses are just so-so. We drove our 35' Dynasty there a few times--it was a tight fit. Worked out better when we had the 28' Trek. Great watering hole across the street. Just a few yards home after several vodka and tonics. That was before grandkids. Now my tank gets filled up almost every day by three 8-year olds that I have the privilege of living with.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
BTW, if you like old Florida, Matlacha is really something else. Just off Cape Coral. Don't think there are any campgrounds there but plenty of places to stay.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
There is one in Matlacha. It is just over the bridge and if you continue on to Pine Island there is another one.

Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Kevin:

I stayed at a park in Ortona Florida when I first came down for a project with our company. I's called Meadowlark Campground and you can look it up on line.

I stayed there in our 35' Regency for about 3 years total. We liked the area so much I bought a home about 1/4 mile away. The people are friendly and its under new management and located on the Caloosahatchee River about 30 miles east of Ft Myers. It's not on the ocean but in the winter months the price is reasonable and it has all the amenities. The fishing is great on the river.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
D&E Were you in Moore Haven,FL not Ortona, FL.?

Areas are some distant apart. we looked it over last month when Betty and I were out for a drive and the place could use a "fixin".......Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Our address is Moore Haven but we are 16 miles east of the town and about 1/2 mile from the lock at Moore Haven. The community is called Turkey Creek. There are 5 canals off the river. Most all of us are boaters wich is great because you can go out to the river and go right to the gulf or left to the Atlantic.

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Should have 1/2 mile from Ortona lock

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm unfamiliar with the park, but it's centrally placed for trips to Ft. DeSoto Park (St. Pete), Sarasota, and Ybor City (Tampa). For the terminally bored are the phosphate mines east of Ruskin.

I lived in the Tampa Bay area '69-'88.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, Bradley Junction, Agricola, and Fort Lonesome aren't on many Bucket Lists...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We are in Crystal River, a little further north than you are probably looking. We live full time in Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park. Rates for the winter here are $675/Month with a small discount for 3 or 4 month stays.

As Rusty has said you will want to make your reservations soon. Our park has 400 sites total with only 25 remaining for the upcoming winter.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post