Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta bound
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I am in the Elkhart area now, Will be scoping out the salvage yards thru Sunday, will also go to the fairgrounds and check camp ground conditions.

Anyone have a list of your favorite salvage/surplus yards? names and addresses would be helpful.

See Y'all soon.

Bontragers in white pigeon just across the border My favorite

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Well I am back! Turd fair wasn't too bad to me, just cost me one day waiting for stores to open and about $50.00 for 2 filters. I have to admit it wasn't necessarily the Turd Fairy but my negligence of maintaining the filters. I know they need to be changed every 10,000 miles or so but I just didn't pay attention and the way I run up the miles was out of my mind! from now on I will change fuel filters each time I change oil.

Trip stats:

Total miles driven, 6496
Total fuel used, 618.55 Gals
Total fuel cost, $1886.11
Average fuel cost $3.049 per gal
Best 1 tank mileage, 12.23 MPG
Worst 1 tank mileage, 8.76 MPG (Sierra Mountains)
6 tank fills over 11.0 MPG

I drove cruise control as much as possible at 60 MPG surprisingly the best MPG runs were while pulling the little trailer with the 7.5KW generator on it. The trailer pulled very well and I really didn't know it was there, I wore out my backup camera just checking up on it. I guess I should really slow down to save $$$ but those miles sure go by much slower than at 70-75 MPH

THANKS to ALL for a GREAT GTG and special THANKS to Dana for finding the generator and trailer for me!! Now it is back to work to catch up on 27 days away.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post