Tools
Reply To This Topic

Talledega fall 2009
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
It's coming up on that time again. Halloween weekend this year, big party Saturday night, and the big race on Sunday the 1st of November. Any new race fans going to make it this year?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
haloween plan on being there

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We are enjoying the Petit Lemans and saw this for Rusty:http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tix/1391484186.html
Might be a deal.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And maybe Danny Z.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
I was at the Monsoon aka Petit LeMans this weekend too. In fact I saw your Barth and stopped by but you were out and about. I also saw you from the other side of the track sitting on top of the Barth and took a few pictures that I will send to you.
All in all a fun weekend but felt disapointed it was finished under a red flag.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray: We were using our "Spynoculars" to search the area but missed your coach. It was our first time there and we enjoyed it. Seems the spot they assigned us came with 30 amp power which were able to use and in addition they strung tv cable on Sat morning so we could see the race feeds for Speed TV from all the cameras. That was included but not advertised. Our only issue was the repair shop in Houston fixed our side marker lights that were inoperable and somehow disconnected the leveler power so we had about a 10 degree list. Everything worked and the refrigerator held its own so no great inconvenience. Some of the things that would have made it more enjoyable included: delivery of ice and water (there were a number of black water pump trucks) and 50 amp power. The race was a bit disappointing but the other days were filled with lots of racing. All in all we did have a great time. Sorry we missed you. Is this an annual affair for you?
Tom

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK, it's this week!! We're ready and geeked, as always. We'll be at our campsite Friday PM. Wind Creek from Wed PM to Fri AM. If you're going to be there PM me and I'll get you my Cell #.
Rusty, we plan on staying at O'Leno monday night, [10-2],so if you're in town we'd be glad to see ya.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty, we plan on staying at O'Leno monday night, [10-2],so if you're in town we'd be glad to see ya

Monday 10/26, maybe? That's only 1/2 hour from here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sorry. 11-2

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

If you are going to take 98 across or even 10 give us a call. We have 30 & 50 Amp at the house.

We live in St. Marks just south of Tallahassee off 98. Cold beer and Stone Crabs.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed, but we take 75 up to Tifton then across through Columbus Georgia, over to Alex City for a couple nights before going up to the track. Wish you were going up for this one but we'll see you in December.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
11-2

Got it marked - hopefully, I'll remember to flip the calendar page...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Made it home tonight about 9. Rusty, sorry we didn't make it to O'Leno, but we were all sick of being COLD, and it was pretty darn nippy even with the sun shing, so we figured after dark would be really cold, and we just spent 5 days together in the little old Euro, so we blew it off and came home.
The Euro was flawless, with the acception of the on-going vapor lock hitch, which was no biggy because it was too cold to vapor lock most of the trip. I have a couple ideas to try yet but I'm pretty sure I will wind up re-routing the gas lines away from the exhaust. I also have a rear tire that loses air when it feels like it. It stays up for months then goes down in days. I'll bring it in to the tire shop before Hillsborough.
Didn't see any Barths up there but due to rain all Saturday I didn't really sight see the camping areas. Sunday was beautiful for the race, but pretty cold.
Anyway, we're back.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad you're back safely; NP about blowing by O'Leno - it's now 55° here, anyway.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Danny, have you ever tried Thermo-Tec wrap around your fuel lines? They claim it will cure vapor lock.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post