Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Extensive speeding limit enforcement in MI
 Login now/Join our community

posted
A friend in MI emailed me the following:

Operation Yellow Jacket (Michigan only)

Look out for yellow MI-DOT Trucks parked along the road or suddenly appearing behind you and pacing you - it could be a State Trooper driving a work-truck with a specially-modified engine that can virtually catapult the truck from snow-plow speed to intercept speed in seconds. And when the engine boost kicks in, the warning lights automatically change from flashing yellow to the dreaded red and blue!

Starting March 1, 2009, Michigan will launch a 31-day speeding ticket frenzy. The State estimates that $9 million dolllars will be generated in speeding tickets, with an additional $3.5 million in revenue for failure to wear a seatbelt. $1 million will go to pay the state troopers overtime. There will be 47 troopers on duty at all times patrolling the main intersections and highways with highest rates of speeding. 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket, and every trooper is supposed to pull a vehicle over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police Cruisers and cancelled all vacation time for March.

Incidentally,the price of a ticket for violation for failure to show your driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance card, when you're stopped was increased from $44 to $173 on Jan 15, 2009. So, drive carefully in Michigan.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I believe you might hear the same stories across the US. With the economy in the tank, many state and local law enforcement agencies are stepping up enforcement of various "crimes" to help the coffers. In some areas, you might earn a speeding ticket for less than five over the limit. Add on higher fines for the infraction you wouldn’t have been cited for last year and you can see the extra revenue start pouring in.

I can't say I blame them, they've got to generate money somewhere or the evil doers will have free reign.

Here in Colorado, they will begin raising vehicles fees within a few weeks.

These problems are spilling over everywhere. We recently had a string of high windstorms that caused damage to our roof. The insurance adjuster and roofing contractor met here this morning to check it out. The contractor was certain they would replace the entire roof. The adjuster said they had major changes announced at last weeks meeting that also involved giving out a pink slip to one adjuster. Instead of replacing the roof and handing me a check, the adjuster informed me the damage was $320.01 and to call when the next storm hit (that is scheduled for tomorrow - 60+MPH).

My point? We ain't seen nothin' yet! This might be the tip of the proverbial iceberg so tighten your belt and hang on everyone! This of course is only my opinion and does not in any way, shape or form indicate the opinions of barthmobile.com, the Obama administration or any of the voices in my head!

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Jake. BTW, if you have a NY license, you can ignore this... ROTFLMAO
quote:
If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.
Here is the link for the NYS DMV and this article.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm

Razzer Aren't you'all just a little jealous? Big Grin

It looks like I could speed thru Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin and ignore the fines too!!! Violence

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post