Reply To This Topic

Florida 21-22
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Eeeeow. Too early to go home! wack

You got a lot of nerve putting those nasty pictures in a Florida thread! confusion nono

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Eeeeow. Too early to go home! wack

You got a lot of nerve putting those nasty pictures in a Florida thread! confusion nono

Just wanted you to see you made the right decision. 9 am and still 32 degrees. My cooler of crawfish and boudin were still so solid I had to break the ice with a hammer to get it out.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Dana, just get that all melted so you can send it downriver to Duane where it belongs! ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
We had a dusting of snow, enough to white the grass, but not stick on the roads. Must not have been a lot of snow melt up in ole Minnesnowta, Mississippi although a bit high still nowhere near a normal flood for this time of year. Lots of rain in the forecast so might get there from rain alone. A bit cold for April. High today and tomorrow about 40F.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well many of the snow birds are in flight. Several left at the end of March. Each week a few more. Rollers left with their Barth this morning, heading for Illinois.

There is still snow around Kalkaska and our lake is not clear yet. It was 46 here this morning, coolest in several weeks. 90's all next week though. We will leave in two weeks, hoping things warm up north by then.

It has been a good winter and we will get to the beach a couple more times before we leave.

We are looking forward to the events this summer, not long off now.

Have Barth, will travel, soon Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We went to Mannasota (NOT Minnesnowta! ROTFLMAO ) beach near Venice on Thursday morning. It gets crowded by the afternoon. It has been about 90 almost every day day this week.

We have our last potluck dinner of the year for Easter today. Management buys the spiral ham and the rest we all bring in. Still a few people left, we are down to about 55 this time, most dinners have been about twice that.

We will make one more beach trip this week. I am putting away the patio stuff a bit at a time. I will park the car on the patio and cover it on Saturday. Heading north on Sunday. I hope it is not too soon. It was 24 degress in Kalkaska this morning! Frowner

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
They rolled out the white carpet for us when we returned. Was not one I wanted to see. Was 23 this morning. Happy Easter!

Sorry Steve but you will have to come back to reality soon! head bang

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Stop by for a last cold drink when you get this way.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It's been hot and fairly windy this week. We got sidetracked as usual, did not get back to the Gulf to the beach. Oh well it will probably be there next year! Cool

I got all but a couple patio chairs packed up. Took the wheel covers off and checked air in the tires. Other than filling the tank I am ready to leave on Sunday. Diesel is about $5 gal here so it will be an investment!

We are planning to head west a bit and travel north via Alabama, avoiding the I75 mess through Altanta, etc. We will take I65 north to Indianapolis. Fewer cities, less traffic and lower mountains in Tenn and Ky. Hopefully a few boring days to make it home.

Still pretty cold in Michigan. Snowed in Kalkaska over the weekend, but the lake is finally ice free. A stubborn slow spring this year. Hoping it will warm up soon!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We went up 65 last October after leaving Talledega. As was mentioned, Nashville, Louisville and Indy are all exciting journeys. We stayed at Lake Hardy Indiana state park about 25 miles into Indiana from Louisville after 3 hours in a traffic jam on 65. You'll get a letter from a toll collector with a nice overhead pic of your coach for the bridge between Louisville and Indiana. Only a few bucks. I thought it was a mistake till I saw the pic. Safe travels and we should see you in July.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny I have sold my place at Cedar Key so been putting nin time at campgrounds in High Springs & Chiefland wanting to head north up I65 but as Danna says very slow spring . Getting in touch to hear how Sammi is doing she would be 5 & 1/2 by now just as Dan the pup I FINALLY SETTLED ON IS but u knew that as it was just Dan Sammi & the mother Luck when u picked her up. Dan has become fine knine as I HOPE sAMMIE IS. Maybe see u at HILLSBOUGH NEXT FALL pAUL fINLEY NOW OF NOVA SCOTIA

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left about 8:30 this morning. Filled up at $5.09 gallon then on our way. Drove I 75 north to I 10, then west to Tallahassee RV park, just east of Tallahassee, about a mile from the highway. Shaded pull through level sites with cable and wifi.

We try to follow the 3PM/300 mile Cagle/Johns rule. It was actually about 350 miles but we made it by 3PM, plenty of time for set up and cocktails before dinner.

I 75 was the usual pita, even on Sunday. Not too many trucks but we still had stop and go for 20 minutes while people figured out how to merge from the Turnpike to I 75. Florida drivers are not very helpful. Use any lane, no hurry, drive side by side for miles without passing. Stay in the center lane, in the way, when possible. head bang

Had not driven the coach since late October. (I run the preoiler and start it about once a month.) Other than slight initial flat spotting on tires, it runs great. Set cruise at 70 and other than traffic, had no hassles. The new gauge layout on the instrument panel is much easier to see.

Slayed a few hundred lovebugs so I will have to wash the windshield and front. Not as bad as last year.

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Paul, Sammi is doing fine, and is still the best dog ever. Doc says she's a little overweight but she's still lightning fast when it comes to Frisbee.

Steve, Suzie and I were a bit disappointed that we didn't have a farewell drink with you guys, but we'll see you in July. Get those lovebugs off ASAP and drive safe.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Ready to go this morning. Heading for Birmingham area. About 300 miles. No hurry to leave, it is a very nice day!