We'll be in Vidalia Sunday afternoon Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Weather back into the 80's. Nice day day at the beach at Nokomis Jetty, near Venice. 25 and snow at home. Life is a beach in Florida.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice and warm here. I've been goofing off, not much work on the coach. I'll only be here 2 more months, the pressure is on!

Several of my existing gauges on the panel are obscured by the steering wheel. I have two more gauges still to install.
I will rearrange and relocate the gauges for best visibility. Eventually I will cut a new custom 3 piece panel when I know where everything looks right. Mechanic

started a new thread here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...283999697#9283999697

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
If you have OBD you may find a compatible HUD. To complete the response with initials, JMO

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful morning down here. I'm pretty well laid up with my hand ooc, but we should get togrther this weekend. I'll send you a pic of my arm and you can post it here so everybody can see what fun a dupuytrens surgery is' i have a drill press that would easily fit in your back seat if you need it for the dash project.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It was good to see Danny and Susie, as usual. His hand looks rough but is doing well. confusion We are planning to head to Turkey Creek next week to see DebnEd and Bob and Yvonne for lunch. When spring break is done we'll hit the beaches a few more times.

Weather has been great here. Mostly 80's. Swimming morning lengths often. Liz and I have been volunteering with park food events. Last Sunday afternoon our team fed 110 people pulled pork, mac and cheese, beans and cornbread. The pork was cooked here and the sides were catered. Liz and I were servers. Yesterday afternoon I cooked sloppy joes and our team served 75 people. Sides of coleslaw and chips, all for $3.

On Saturday we will cook our 7th breakfast. It will be waffles, fresh strawberries, scrambled eggs, sausage, OJ and coffee for $3. We usually get 60-70 people each weekend. So far I have cooked blueberry pancakes, french toast, sausage patties, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs several times (12-13 dozen each time!) Great way to see our neighbors and everyone enjoys the food.

I have a couple more projects to do on the coach before we head north in April. Finish the gauge panel, chase the wires from back to front. Need to adjust brakes and grease job before we leave.

We are looking forward to the June and July GTG events. Hope to see good turnouts and maybe some new faces.
Life is good. Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Danny,
I hope the healing goes well without infection.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Getting warmer all the time but still very nice here. Snowing at home! Warming up there but slowly. We will stay another month.

The instrument panel upgrade is going well. Gauges are all in and I will run the cables soon. While I'm down there, I will grease the suspension and adjust the brakes. I have been sidetracked with neighbors' projects lately.

We have cooked/served 10 events this winter and we have 2 more lined up, one this afternoon. (Ham/cheese or corned beef/cheese sandwich, with tater salad, brownie and chips. $3) One more breakfast after that. Pretty laid back winter in general, though.

We will visit Danny and Susie again and hit the beach a few more times before our long drive home. This should be an easier summer than last, fewer projects lined up there. Life is good in Florida.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve. We sure are having some great weather lately. I sent you a pic of my hand this morning to show how far it's come. The human body is an amazing thing. Not back to work yet so let us know what beach and when and we can meet you there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow. Hand looks way better. Only two weeks later. Hope it feels as good as it looks!

Just called you, left a message. Thinking of stopping by on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if that works. Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Andy's Can Party today. Florida has no deposit on beverage cans so Andy collected them and used the money for a party. Andy is gone now, but his party lives on. Free food, free beer and a live band. Not bad for a Saturday afternoon! cheers Thumbs Up

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Spent a few hours in Venice with Danny and Susie. His hand has healed very well. Successful repair and much improved range of motion.

Always good to visit our Barth friends. Next week we'll go to the beach!

Have Barths, will travel Tooling Along

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Time flies wen you're having fun. Cool

Went back to and toured Venice with Danny and Susie. Great town. Lots of older areas but growing fast. Great Gulf beaches right nearby. Weather has been upper 80's lately.

Activities are winding down here at the park. Several folks have gone back north. Rollers are heading home Sunday. Kalkaska has had snow recently and the lake is still frozen. No, thank you... We'll stay a couple more weeks but that means I need to get a few more things done on the coach. I still need to run wires and connect the new gauges. I will grease the front end and ujoints, check brakes.

Have Barth, will travel (soon!) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez, Steve what candy-ass, a little snow and cold are good for the soul!!! It is a bit below normal temps here in Iowa and they say we might some snow tonight.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Geez, Steve what candy-ass, a little snow and cold are good for the soul!!! It is a bit below normal temps here in Iowa and they say we might some snow tonight.

Bah humbug

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post