Reply To This Topic

Florida 21-22
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! You have come to the right place. Thumbs Up

Don't be shy, ask questions and we will try to help get you going. Search around this site, there is a lot of info available here.

I am near Port Charlotte and will be here until late April. Sarasota is not far away. Perhaps we can get together and take a look at your new project.

Most GM chassis parts are still available. Appliances like ACs, refrigerators, etc are usually servicable as well.

Good luck!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well you Florida guys, we in the mid-west are getting a ton a snow, wish you well in the sun and warmth!

We here in Clinton the radar shows are on the edge and just light snow, so far we got about 6 inches of light snow and it looks like it is not going to quit!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We feel your pain Duane. Only 52 this morning, and we'll be lucky to see 70 today, then another cold front with storms tomorrow around game time. Next week will bring us back to normal though.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
47 here this morning! (-1 at home) confusion
Storms tomorrow, I guess it is winter. (Hard to tell here!)

Have Barth, in Florida! Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
High 40's or low 50's sounds pretty good to me at this point. Well 60 more days and we might see that here in Iowa. Will be nice to get a wrench back in my hands, not sure what but something will need fixed on Nose!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
java low 40's when I went out for the paper this morning. ...had to wear a jacket. ......if only I could find my down vest...

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
As y'all in Florida might say, I'm fixin to get fixing Ole Nose!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A wild storm day in Florida yesterday! No snow or ice but there were 5 tornadoes in SW Florida around 8AM. Three were in or near Ft. Meyers and 2 were closer to us near Port Charlotte. We had heavy rain and some gusty winds but no damage.

Considering the number of modular homes and 5th wheel trailers around I guess I am not surprised many were damaged. They are fairly lightweight and have lots of room underneath to catch the wind.

My coach weighs over 26,000 lbs, with most of the weight down low. Solid metal walls and no holes for slides. With air suspension down, there is only about 5 inches of clearance underneath. I like to think we are more stable and safer than most RVs. I hope I never find out.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It looks like we have the makings of a Barth group here in Florida. Rollers are across the street from me, Danny and Suzy live in Venice, Tom and Nancy are in St Pete. Nick and Donna will be there next week, also Dana and Lynn nearby next week!

Can't say I blame them. It was 44 this morning (coldest this year) but the sun is shining. It will be 75 this afternoon. Can't beat this for winter. Sunrise 7:17 here, Kalkaska 8:10...

I tell people I know how to shovel snow, I just don't want to any more. Growing up in the UP I shoveled enough to fill Yankee Stadium. (In fifth grade it snowed 100 days in a row from mid Nov until March!) confusion

Lately I discovered that if you leave until May it all goes away by itself! Dick Dubbs, Carl and Betty, Danny and Suzy figured it out a long time ago. I'm just a slow learner. head bang

Have Barth, in Florida Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Winter in Florida! Cool and rainy last night, overcast today and only 65 degrees.

Still a nice day for lunch with Barth friends. Tom and Nancy are just south of St Pete, Nick and Donna were nearby at the Tampa RV show. Dana and Lynn are in Arcadia so we met for lunch at the Riviera Dunes Dockside marina restaurant near The Tides RV park where Johns are staying.

A nice excuse to meet and greet with friends. Good food and good times! cheers Thumbs Up

Have Barth, in Florida Cool

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Good thing you took the picture, did not blow-up the camera...

My daughter and spouse are in Miami, I am so Jealous!!! ERRRRRRR

High Temp today was 9F.. But sunny!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Spent the afternoon with Dana and Lynn at Little Willie's RV Park in Arcadia. We had frost this morning but the good old Florida sun had us up to 60 by this afternoon. A nice day with friends. Thumbs Up

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A few days of (relatively) cool weather and we're back in the 80's. Took some friends over to the Gulf for a walk on the beach, just got back to the park.

Manasota beach near Venice. Fairly busy for a weekday but people were ready after the cool days lately. Sunny with a cool breeze. Admittedly, the "scenery" is better during Spring break, but no complaints. ROTFLMAO

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well Steve you can be a bit jealous, we got up to 58F today!!

No sun, warm, a bit of rain and a strong wind from the south!!! However back to normal soon.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Well Steve you can be a bit jealous, we got up to 58F today!!

No sun, warm, a bit of rain and a strong wind from the south!!! However back to normal soon.

Banana belt Duane

Sub zero in Minnesnowta most nights for the next 10 days.

Life’s a beach! 74 in my alternate parking spot. Joining the Wanderlodge/Bluebird group in Vadalia Louisiana Sunday. Right on the Mighty Mississippi Marvin & Doris and Harold & Cat are members of that group. Looking forward to meeting up with them. Have a waterfront site off to the other side. Right near the pool and hot tub. Supposed to be 70s mid week. No swimming in the river ROTFLMAO

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post