Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading north for Corvair Swap Meets
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi Fellow Bartharians,
We've been working on the mechanical functions of our recently acquired 1973 19-footer. She still isn't much to look at, but she purrs like a kitten, is getting 12mpg, has new tires and is ready for this first trip. The beautification program will have to wait until I return home.
On September 10, 2004, I'm heading north to Tucker, GA (east of Atlanta) for a Corvair Swap Meet. From there, I will be going onward to Indianapolis for another Swap Meet that following weekend. In between, I thought I'd drive up to the Elkhart/Goshen region and see if I can find any more needed parts.
If you see me on the road, please honk and wave. That will separate you from the unenlightened who point and stare and keep trying to return those way overdue library books to me. I will be towing a white enclosed trailer (no library books) and the ole gal is brown on the top with that gold stripe on the bottom.
Wish me luck. I think this is her first trip out of sunny Florida in at least four years. Jim Irish

Posts: 7 | Location: Brooksville, FL USA | Member Since: 05-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Irish,

You going to Elhart Rv Salvage, take a look at their captains chairs for me. I'm looking for a brown leather, kink of western looking.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Oh Oh, I feel the dreaded thread drift coming on. Used to be a Corvair nut, too. Salih barrels, 3 barrel IDAs, full diameter exhaust tubes, clutched fan, etc.

Need some Viton pushrod tube O rings or a folded fin oil cooler?

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited September 07, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave...
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The Florida hurricanes of '04 cancelled the trip up north 75. I did not make it to the Elkhart shop, this trip. But will keep your request in mind. You never know what I may find.
Just got back from a Corvair trip to Palm Springs, CA. Other than the water pump going out and a large dip in the pavement on US 10 between Phoenix and Eloy (west bound) that put the hitch out of commission fast, we did alright. I was amazed at the number of people at this Corvair event that were genuinely interested in the Barth. One man, I met, had sold them back in the 70's and he said they were the best ever made. He remembered the cherry cabinets.
I had what I thought was one Barth siting during this whole 5000 mile round trip. Someone honked and waved at me and I honked back.
-

Posts: 7 | Location: Brooksville, FL USA | Member Since: 05-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post