Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cheri and I are heading up to Silver Springs
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Going to see Blue Oyster Cult then spending the weekend at Ross Prairie Campground in Dunellon, Fl.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Corey, have fun! We saw BOC as an opener for Aerosmith a couple years ago. Steven Tyler's massive ego made sure to make BOC look bad by comparison, [lights and sound were terrible], so I never got to see how good they really are in concert. Await your review.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Every time I think of BOC I think of the beginning of "The Stand" by Steven King. They start the movie with Don't fear the reaper. The best opening ever for a movie.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
The good news is, BOC is in a few more weeks and you still have time to see them with us. I thought this weekend was BOC so I went on line and learned all about them only to find out it was Styx this weekend. Ooops! The other good news is Styx played today and they were fantastic. I forgot how many great songs they had.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Corey,

I have a story to tell you about Tommy Shaw (of Styx fame) sometime.

Barb and I will be spending this winter in Florida and have booked the GTG at Hillsborough. From there we go to Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake near Orlando, and after that I can get reservations at Crescent City (last week in January and all of February.

I don't know much about the Crescent City campground, as there is only one review I can find and it isn't the greatest. Do you have any suggestions as to campgrounds in the east-central part of the state?

Thanks,

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Lou, If you get a chance stop by here to see us

http://www.rockcrushercanyon.com/

we should be settled in by October

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know much about the Crescent City campground, as there is only one review I can find and it isn't the greatest. Do you have any suggestions as to campgrounds in the east-central part of the state?

Crescent City Campground doesn't show in the 2012 RV Roadtrip Navigator (f/k/a "Campground Navigator").

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Hold it, I wanna hear the story about Tommy Shaw. Tina and I met Dennis Deyung one time but not Tommy Shaw.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Kris,

I was flying air taxi in the 1980s and I got a call one morning from a fellow Fixed Base Operator in Niles, Michigan with a message that all his planes were out and he needed me to do a charter for him. He said it was a customer who needed to go to O'Hare right now. I had a Piper Apache on Part 135 at the time and scrambled from Allegan down to Niles.

The passenger was waiting on the ramp for me, and as soon as we loaded his suitcase and suit bag we took off west. We had a routine conversation as we cut across the bottom of Lake Michigan. I do remember asking him what business he was in and he said he was going to Japan to do a show. I wished him a good trip overseas and ran through the O'Hare airline terminal with him to help with his stuff. He just made the flight and I returned to Allegan feeling good about being able to help him and my fellow FBO out. I called the Niles airport asking for a name so I could be sure the billing got done properly.

When I got home that night I asked my young sons "Who is Tommy Shaw, for that's who I flew over to O'Hare today." You can imagine there was quite a reaction and a whole lot of side-to-side head shaking re: a father who just wasn't with it. (I didn't even know who Styx was!) As it turns out, Tommy Shaw had a home in Niles, right down the road from where we used to live.

For the record, Tommy was quite the gentleman. Not only did he remain calm throughout the trip (which was a pincher 'cause he had a flight to make) but also because he tolerated a pilot who had no idea as to his notoriety.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post