Forums    Barth Journeys    Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Surfside Beach South Carolina
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Surfside Beach South Carolina
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
I took a Barth Journey to Surfside Beach South Carolina. Ocean Lakes Campground is south of Myrtle Beach. Ocean lakes Family Campground is on the Atlantic Ocean. We met some friends from Atlanta Georgia. They parked across the street from us at the campground. I also rented a golf cart for the stay.
It took me a leisurely three days to get there, from Ohio. The travel back home took four days. We only parked once at a Wall Mart and the other times we camped at state parks in Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio.
The Caterpillar purred along nicely. I did tighten the belts on the way home. One morning, while checking the oil, and transmission fluid, I noticed the belts were in need of tightening.
Thank God for a safe and healthy trip, to meet old friends. We enjoyed sunshine and shared cocktails together.

Question:
Have any Barth members ever been to Ocean Lakes?

Choices:
Yes
No

Question:
Would any member consider this a good get together place in the off season? There were over 50 Airstreams there and two Older American Eagles.

Choices:
Yes, lets get together at Ocean Lakes
No, It is not my taste in Campgrounds.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members keep in mind the ballots are secret. There is no way to know how you vote.
ROTFLMAO Vote early and vote often. ROTFLMAO

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
Another option might be "Would love to attend, but it's too far away for our 47 year old Barth".

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian and Lynnette:
Another option might be "Would love to attend, but it's too far away for our 47 year old Barth".

Your VOTE would be NO and NO, because I did not add the third choice. You folks might suggest a west coast event. I do not think I would drive to the west coast with these high fuel prices. Last year when diesel fuel was $2.00 was a good time to travel. Gasoline bottomed out at $.89 in my hometown.
Posting in advance before your idea or two as a suggestion in the Community Announcement forum. You never know who is watching and will show up on the Pacific coast.

posted Hide Post
Wanted to mention, the nights were cool in South Myrtle Beach (Surfside) but the coach floor was warm. My time spent engineering and installing the radiant heat flooring worked. There is always room for improvement. The 3/4" manifolds I designed kept my toes toasty.

ComputerLink here if you need to learn more about heating your floor. Computer

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
The Caterpillar purred along nicely. I did tighten the belts on the way home. One morning, while checking the oil, and transmission fluid, I noticed the belts were in need of tightening.

That's one thing I don't miss. My 454 originally had 4 belts. Several different spares and some attention required.

My 8.3 Cummins has a single serpentine belt with a tensioner. It never needs attention and I carry only one spare belt! It can be changed in under 3 minutes. Mechanic

Have Barth, waiting for me in Florida Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post