Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

easiest east coast drive from NE to Florida
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted
Does anyone have any recommendations for the most traffic free way to get from New England to Sarasota? I'm not a fan of the George Washington Bridge near NYC so I'm looking for alternative routes. Thanks.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
You could try to make your way to Interstate 81 in NY state, go down to Virginia, get on I 77 to Columbia SC, get on Hwy 321 south, continue on Hwy 301 south thru SC, GA down to sunny FL. Somewhere before Ocala take a smaller side road to go west, get on I 75 and voila - soon in Sarasooota.

Visit the Okefenookee swamp at the GA FL border.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the rest of that route, but I've run it from Jax to Ocala and it's a pretty nice drive. The jump to 75 is 27. When are you coming down? And where are you staying?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
There is a sailboat in Maine I lust after that I would gladly sail to Key West, and although it would take a week or more would sure be relaxing!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could try to make your way to Interstate 81 in NY state, go down to Virginia, get on I 77 to Columbia SC, get on Hwy 321 south, continue on Hwy 301 south thru SC, GA down to sunny FL. Somewhere before Ocala take a smaller side road to go west, get on I 75 and voila - soon in Sarasooota.

Visit the Okefenookee swamp at the GA FL border.

.........all of the above!!
I 81 ...nice ride .... US 301 relaxing, most of the time.
I 75 can be pretty tricky as you near Tampa.
enjoy your trip

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post