Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Leaving for NJ/NY-1st voyage with the Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of vince900ss
posted
Well, I've got the "new" Barth as ready as it can be given the time I had available. Tried to catch up on as much deferred maintenance and repairs as possible. Hopefully, all will go well. Thanks for all of the help provided by the site and you guys!!!
We're off to Richmond, VA for a quick stop, then on the West Milford, NJ, Kingston, NY, and Lake Placid, then Lake Ontario. Can't do the GTG, unfortunately. Time is too tight. Then back to Florida. Probably 3,000 miles altogether. Will let you know how it goes.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

The route I outlined before is clean and clear.

A note on the I-95/I-495 interchange. Although signage would lead one to believe that one should be in the right lane for I-495, get in the LEFT ("I-95N") 2 lanes first, then later bear right onto I-495.

If you end up in the right lane first, your choice is only to head west towards Tyson's Corner on I-495.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vince900ss:

We're off to... Kingston, NY...
That means you'll be driving past my house.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty! Will do...
Bill...oh yeah, that's right! If you're up for a quick stop to meet you and say hi, let me know and we can try to arrange. Or will you already be on the road, with Rusty if I recall from an earlier post of his...?
We should be passing through there on or about Aug. 8.

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
NYS Thruway, at mile marker 66 Northbound, there is a travel plaza called Plattekill. I live about 2 miles from there. Give me a call when you hit the NYS Line and I'll meet you there. You wont have to go "Out Of Route" at all.

When you come through NJ make sure you top off there, that'll save you about 25c a gallon for diesel.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Super. Will do. Is your number on the site?
Thanks. Heading out now...

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
sent you a PM with my number. If you have an issue while on the road, give me a shout and I'll try to help you

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Bill. Sorry we ended up missing each other. We ended up at Lake Ontario and came back via I81, so there wasn't any chance to meet up with you on the return. Maybe next time!
The Barth ran great. 3,024 miles in about 12 days, so a good bit of driving. No new issues of importance other than a leaking shower drain that I need to attend to. The new Bilstein shocks and the Steer-safe I installed just before leaving really helped with the handling. Now I just need to take the play out of the steering once I can figure out how to adjust the steering box. If it weren't for the on-center play in the steering, this thing would be great to drive. Even with that, it is so much better than when I bought it, and certainly isn't difficult. So, it was a great trip, and the Barth and Cummins ran great!

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis