Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 20/21
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Well, it is getting cloudy, rainy and cold at home. I got a few projects done and the coach was ready for another trip to the sunny south. Naturally, just when I thought I was ready, the Kwikee retractable steps broke. They were the swing out style and I never liked them so I did not get them welded, I ordered another set of the slide out style.

Naturally, the steps arrived just in time for our first light snow. Nothing more fun than lying on the ground working on the coach with temps in the 30's. The new steps are great but I was even more ready to go south.

We left on Friday morning. About 450 miles to the Youngstown Ohio area to vist Kevin and HelenJo. We had not seen them in a while. Arrived Fri afternoon with temps in the 70's. A good visit. We left on Sunday, 37 degrees and cloudy.

Drove to northern Virginia, another 400 miles or so. Stayed overnight. Monday AM was 49 degrees, drizzling rain. Drove about 350 miles to see Nick and Donna Cagle in Harlem Georgia. Tom and Nancy Johns were already here. As we pulled in we saw another Barth here. Ed Mwrench was also here! Another mini GTG at the UBRVRAPE location!

Always good to see our Barth friends as we travel. We will stay until Thursday, then continue to Florida. Once there, we will park the coach for the winter and leave the VW bus also. We have a car in Florida we will drive home next week. We will drive the car back in mid Dec for the winter stay.`

We are looking forward to another sunny winter in Florida. More to follow.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hope you can get over here for a visit before you head back up. I'd like to show off the other house that I've been working on since March.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good idea! We will be at Oakhaven on Thurs. We will not leave north until Mon or Tues. We wll try to get over your way this weekend. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice visit with Steve and Liz yesterday. Got to show off the house we've been working on since March. The weather is finally cooling off down here and they are heading back to the cold tundra for another couple months!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a great time moving the coach to Florida! Visits with Kevin, Cagles, and Danny and Suzy were pleasant. Distance and masks took good care of all of us. Because of our route, we ran 1670 miles to get to Oakhaven. A good run with the coach and no problems.

This is definitely the best way to "winterize" the coach!

With some reluctance, Liz and I jumped in the car yesterday at 630 AM and drove back home. Liz drove from Florida to the Tn/Ky line and I drove from Ky border to home. This direct route is 1470 miles. We drove straight through (about 21 hours drive time) to Mi, took a short nap and were home at 5AM today.

We plan to return to Florida around Dec 10. Missing the warm weather already!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had planned to leave on Friday Dec 11 but decided traffic would be better on the weekend. Saturday was the plan but Mother Nature noticed I had not got a chance to run the snowblower this year. Dumped 10 inches of snow Saturday. (Yes, I ran the dam blower.) head bang

Weather cleared by Saturday dinner. We left Sunday at about 8am. Roads were clear by then and we drove straight through. Light traffic, few trucks and straight through Atlanta Sunday night. We stopped for a nap at the Florida line. Arrived at Oakhaven 730am Monday 14th. 21 hours drive time.

Unpacked the car, the coach was ready and waiting. 75 and sunny here. Got the wifi running today. Life is good.

I will get back to coach projects now.

Have Barth, did travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well 10 inches of snow, YIKES!

Glad you had a safe trip, long drive without an over night.

Enjoy the warm weather and I hope a lot of sunshine. Florida should be on the priority list for the Covid Vaccines. Make us jealous for the season!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88: Florida should be on the priority list for the Covid Vaccines.

Yeah, I guess they should be...

At this time, Florida has NO Covid restrictions. Everything is open for business as usual, even inside dining, bars and large gatherings. No state mask requirements... confusion

They also have over a MILLION cases and 20,000 DEAD. TWICE as many dead as Michigan. Testing 40% positive in Miami-Dade county. It appears the governor has no concern for this state.

I am very sad to say, in late May (my friends will confirm this) I said that if we don't do anything about this, we will have over 300,000 dead by the end of the year, maybe as many as 500,000. For once I am very, very sorry to be right... Looks like it will be about 350,000 dead. Frowner

I also said that with proper precautions, AT LEAST HALF of these deaths should have been prevented. head bang

I remain astounded by our death toll. No other country has this many dead. Even large third world countries like India and Mexico have fewer dead...

For God's sake people, be careful. Look out for each other. We are a country that can win World Wars on two fronts, put men on the moon, and do anything, if we work together. Now is one of those times.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
It really is on us folks to prevent the spread of this disease, Florida has few restrictions but Illinois is one of the most restrictive states, similar in population, it has about the same infection and death rate as Florida.

So, folks with or without enforced rules, just show good sense and follow the simple guidelines, it would sure be a big advance towards the end of this mess.

Even here in Iowa where masks and distancing are required I always see people pushing through and not wearing masks. Never see anyone kick them out of the place of business either. I have voiced objection and mostly been told to F,,, off.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So simple. When faced with contagious disease, do what doctors do...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it back down. I was going to link an editorial by Carl Hiaason about our governor but it could be construed as political so just google it. A good read. Looks like the house is sold so we are spending a lot more time on our own house, catching up on some long neglected maintenance. If the park has any open spots we'd like to come over for a day or 2. See you soon.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny we are just getting settled in. I was planning to call today. Sounds like things are going as planned with the house, great. You did a nice job on that place. We are planning to visit you guys soon.

Currently there are several sites open since none of the Canadians can return yet. However, after Jan 1 the manager says the park will be full. I think we are seeing local migration from other more expensive parks to here.

It is great to be back. We had a really mild Nov, no snow on the ground. (Waited until we were ready to go.) Winter there is back full force now.

Life is good here. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
The Covid deaths are over inflated . Due to the government incentive . Hospitals get extra money for covid patients . There is plenty of information available about this . Then there is also a "cooking of the books" to insight fear and panic .

Total Deaths in US per year :

2016 2,744,248
2017 2,813,503
2018 2,839,205
2019 2,855,000
2020 2,491,826 as of Nov 17th

The patients we are seeing are not dying from Covid , they are dying from other medical conditions because they were afraid to go to the Dr's office or hospital because the media has everyone thinking they are gonna get sick and die . Others have had their necessary exams and test procedures cancelled and their conditions not caught in a timely manner .

We've been having lockdowns and masks since March . If it was going to work , the Covid would be a memory . There are several treatment options for Covid , the media and certain government agencies refuse to inform the public . If anyone is interested in this information , contact me and I will be happy to send you links to the information .

Have a great day Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Got back to my side molding project. When I saw Kevin in October, I cleaned out his stash of the plastic molding strips.

(Discussion here) https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...913958787#3913958787

When I am done I may have a few left. If so, I will post and make them available to others.

Thanks Kevin! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
The death rate in this country is pretty unique. I only went back to 1950. In 1950 about .0096% died. Then there was a nearly steady decrease in deaths per year until 2008 where it was about .00815%. At this point a steady increase, with an increase really starting in 2013 to climb drastically with .0082% that year. Pretty steady rise every year after that and now in 2020 the rate is .0088%. Not sure what caused that dramatic increase, but the rate of increase is almost the same annually since 2013.

Strange but predictions show the increase to continue into the future at a similar rate. By 2035 we will exceed the death rate of 1950!! The US ranks almost in the center of the countries listed.

As a point of interest this data does not include the deaths caused by covid19.

P30 chassis
350 engine