Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 20/21
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Yup, nice visit. Got to show off my torn apart bathroom to Steve and Liz. Today I tackle painting the little tub. Got the Homax Tougher than tile kit and have spent a lot of time prepping it because I'm only doing it once. Everything else in the bathroom is white with aqua and bronze accents, so I can't wait to get it back together. Forgot to ask Steve if there is a way to post pix yet.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Danny's coach is really looking good. All mechanicals are working well, the interior is almost done and looking great. The exterior is better than average, overall that is a really nice 1978 coach. Thumbs Up

If you want to post pics you can't use PB any more. You can attach one to each post. Try to size them down to around 100k if possible to save site space.

We'll probably see you again before we leave. Take care.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Figured out how to attach a photo but don't know how to resize it. It was huge so I deleted it. Help!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, things are winding down here in Florida. It looks like we will be heading north on Thursday 22nd. Getting hotter around here and no good excuse to stay longer, I suppose. I have begun to put things away so no rush the day we leave.

We'll spend Thursday night in northern Florida then on to Georgia to visit Nick and Donna.

We should be back in Michigan by the 27th or so. They had snow a couple days ago but mostly decent weather lately. There are a bunch of new cases of Covid in Michigan. People are not being careful and can't wait to get out. Glad we got our shots.

Have Barth, will travel (soon!) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left this morning. 319 miles just into Southern Georgia. Eagles Roost RV park, exit 5. After sitting all winter the coach had no problems. Some traffic around Tampa area but not too bad.

The VW tailgated us all the way. We have about 250 miles to go tomorrow to visit Nick and Donna. Life is good!

Have Barth, did travel, today Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
See ya tomorrow. Travel safely.

Nick & Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Made it to Nick and Donna's around 2. Near Harlem, it is always good to see them and be hangin' in the hood. They, like Tom and Nancy, are exceptional friends we met because of our Barth coaches. Going on ten years now, we never would have known them but for the Barths. We see them whenever we can. We saw them on our way south last fall, then met for lunch one day in Port Charlotte this winter. Another stop on the way north to round out a good Florida 20/21 journey. Life is good.

Technically, since we are now in Georgia I guess this thread is done but we'll finish the journey, then sign off.

Going on cocktail hour, we have catching up to do. A good reason to stall going north. Thumbs Up cheers

Have Barth, do travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Nick and Donna's this morning, after a fine weekend.

We drove about 320 miles to Sweetwater TN KOA. No need to go north too early!

We will head for Wapakoneta, Ohio tomorrow, about 400 miles. Another night and then on to Kalkaska. It snowed there 2 days ago... confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well this sucks. The slow coolant leak became a fast coolant leak. There is a hole in the radiator...

Broken down at Exit 50A on NI75, south of Dayton. It appears I will need a new/recored radiator.

Anyone know of a Spartan service center in the south Dayton area?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your trouble.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear your about your misfortune. Hope you find a repair place, will any truck repair shop be able to help you find a replacement radiator.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Just saw this, hope it's too late, North Dayton Truck Service, +19372233082.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Always helps to have people who know....

Dana has already bought a new radiator. I got the numbers from him. Craig stopped by and it looks like once I get the radiator I can find someone to install it. Might work out ok ...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve
We had to replace a rad in our 38 Monarch while traveling. A piece of metal went through it.
It took the truck repair shop a day to get it and a full day with two guys working on it to get it done. They let us stay in the coach at their shop while they did the work. Not an easy job and not a side of the road quick fix.
Good luck with the repair and a safe trip home.

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well it sure helps to know the right people. Dana got me the rad numbers.

Craig's friend Dave works at Radpro, a large radiator shop. They had a radiator in stock and Dave delivered it to me by 1030 this morning!

Another friend has offered to install the rad. He will be here this afternoon. I will start removing stuff, it could be done by later today! Could be a whole lot worse!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp