Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 20/21
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got the laminate on the top half of two of the bathroom walls. We did the oak paneling on the bottom half last summer but got stalled when my eye went goofy. I still need to reinstall the top corner panel and some trim but it is getting better. The styrofoam I put in the outside wall last summer made a big difference in the heat transfer through the wall. It does not get nearly as hot as it did before when the sun shines on that wall.

It has been a while since we had towel bars and TP holder. I have two walls left and then I'll be done. I still want a window in that outside wall, maybe later this summer.

Warm and sunny here, life is good.

Have Barth, will tinker Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a nice day at the Gulf beach yesterday. Sunny and 80 with a light breeze. Very comfortable for a walk down the beach. Not too many spring breakers yet.

Stopped in to visit Danny and Suzy Z on our way back. They live in Venice about 4 miles from the beach. Always good to see Barth friends when we can.
Back to projects again today. Mechanic
Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, I could show you a picture of Nose surrounded by the city snow pile and the drifts the buildings on either side of it created, but being from Michigan I am sure you have seen worse!!!

We are going to have high 50's to low 60's all this week so most of that Nose snow should melt, maybe I can it out and start the roof strip down!!! Join you with project completion! Would like to get that job done so I can start to pretty up the inside without fear of roof leaks!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I sure miss that cold and snow... ROTFLMAO

Good idea. Without a good tight roof the inside will get wrecked. A tedious job but if you get it all really clean, caulked well and resurfaced, it should last a long time.

Raining today. I got the last two toilet wall laminate pieces cut and glued in. All done except some trim and to reinstall the upper cabinet above the toilet. I need to cut a few more small pieces of laminate for the inside trim around the shower skylight recess too. That will finish another project.

I will finally get to a couple small projects on the VW and I want to clean and paint the Cummins and the coach engine bay.
Have Barth, will tinker Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

It is raining here too so inside projects today. We still have to get together sometime before we all go back north. We were at Ed and Debs on Thursday night for dinner and we had a nice discussion about the motorhomes and was wondering if you are coming up to Turkey Creek this year.

While we were there I got a text from Dana about the MN get together this June, quite a coincident since I had not been in touch with Dana for a few months.

We are enjoying the winter here as it sounds like you are as well.

Bob.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hello Bob! Dana told me he had texted you. I texted Ed on Friday and I am hoping to visit your way soon. We have not seen Deb and Ed for some time and we are looking forward to meeting you and Yvonne. I will call Ed next week and see if we can arrange a day trip to Turkey Creek soon. Not far from here, easy drive.

We are planning to attend the Minnesnowta GTG too.

Sounds like Ed has been been busy with boat work. Hopefully we can pull him away from it for a visit. See you soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I drove the car over to Turkey Creek to visit DebnEd, a little over an hour away. Bob & Yvonne, current owners of DebnEd's Barth, are located at the RV park right next door. We all met for a mini Barth GTG at a nearby restaurant for lunch. We had not met Bob & Yvonne yet. A great way to spend a few hours with old friends and new! Thumbs Up cheers

We are looking forward to another visit before we head north.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve. Yvonne and I really enjoyed getting to know you and Liz today. And I really enjoyed talking with you about our Barth's and learning from you many things about them. Thanks so much for driving over here to meet with the 4 of us. We enjoy Ed and Deb and feel fortunate to have purchased their great coach.
Looking forward to seeing both of you again soon.

Bob and Yvonne.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve & Liz.
Thanks for dropping bye today for a visit and a chance to introduce you to Bob and Yvonne. Well you saw that there is an SOB in the driveway. It was out of necessity to help the kids move during the epidemic. I think that owning two Barths for over 16 year’s let’s me stay in the club. Hopefully we can make it to a GTG when things quiet down a bit. Fortunately Deb and I have had our two shots and look foreword to getting out and about.
Going to take off in the boat for a couple of months then back to RV traveling late summer.
Take care everyone.

Deb & Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We have had a comfortable winter. We have had mostly high 80's the last month. Last night it went down to 46, probably our last cold spell of the season. Usually lows have been upper 50's, low 60's. Lots of sunshine.

Got our second Moderna on March 23 so we are just about in the clear now. It has been a bit different, to say the least. Florida had a flood of spring breakers, they had to impose a curfew in Miami Beach. Another spike in cases as usual. We limited our crowd exposure and it appears to have worked. We are looking forward to a more normal 2021 now. Hope to see folks again at the MN and MI GTG events. We spent another nice day at the Gulf beaches, also visited a friend in St. Pete.

Did some work on the battery shelf, fixed a small coolant leak in the engine coolant header tank and painted some of the engine.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...893957597#5893957597

I have a couple things I should look at on the VW but that's about it until we head north. We will likely stay until at least April 20. We plan to take our time on the way back, hope to visit Cagles on the way home if they are around.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We need to get together before you leave. The coach is still a little tore up from the bathroom remodel but I might have it back together by next weekend. Can you check to see if there might be a site for us for Friday and Saturday nights? 4-9 and 4 10.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There are probably sites available, several people have pulled out. The one across from us where you stayed before is empty, I will see if it will be open Fri/Sat.

We were thinking of a beach day Thursday or Friday. We could swing by your place then, especially if the coach isn't done. We will plan to see you one way or another. Call you soon! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Weather has been great. Went to the beach again on Monday with our friends from Venice. Took the pontoon boat to the Nakomis jetty and walked on the sand. Good day.

Visited my old friend in St. Pete again yesterday. We are going to the beach near Venice tomorrow morning. Danny and Suzy live about 4 miles from there so of course we will visit them on the way back in the afternoon. Thumbs Up

Next week a friend from MI will be in Florida. Invited me to go charter fishing on Wed. I'll make time for that somehow! Thumbs Up We may get another chance to see DebnEd for lunch if they haven't gone cruising on their boat yet. Bob and Yvonne left early for Mn so we won't see them until the GTG in June.

Looks like we will be leaving Florida April 22nd. (Only 2 weeks from today!) confusion First night in southern Georgia. Next, we hope to visit Nick and Donna for a couple nights. From there a couple more stops and back home around April 27. I hope that's not too early but it has been a mild spring so far.

(Don't need to see any more snow... I'll be CRANKY!! Make that REALLY CRANKY!!!) wack head bang

We are looking forward to a more normal summer. It will be great to see our friends again!

Have Barth, will travel (soon) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
You are having a great last few weeks in the sunny south. Yes it seems like a mild spring so far, we have leaf buds and a bit of green in the trees, early for us too!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Another good day yesterday.

Late morning, drove over to the Mannasota Gulf beach near Venice. Spent a couple nice hours walking the beach and sitting in the sun. Danny and Suzy live about 4 miles from the beach so we stopped in on our way back to visit.

A few more pleasant hours with them and we made our way back to the coach. A very laid back day in the warmth and sun with friends. Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp