Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 20/21
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
You don't have it so great, just think of us lucky people in the north. There is like 10 feet of piled up snow in front of ole Nose, it has not been above freezing in almost 4 weeks. it snows at least twice a week. It goes below Zero F every night has not been in the 2 digits for a week and not expected to for another week at least. The forecast says it will be well into March before it gets above freezing and we begin to lose a bit of this snow.

I bet you wish you could fire up that Monarch and head up here tomorrow, for fear of missing this lovely winter....Too bad Steve!!!!!

To make matters even better we here in Iowa are not getting much covid vaccine, like 80% of those over 80 have not received even the first shot and us in our 70"s less than 90%.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Duane, here beginning March we are supposed to see the end of freezing/subfreezing temperatures. Hopefully this will begin an orderly drawdown and an orderly thaw will roll polarward past you toward Dana and Steve.
By then I will have my second shot and hopefully my wife will have her first, seems our Midwest Governors weren't near enough to reelection to run on injection. Flashback to 2010, I had business trip near Vancouver, teams were arriving for the Olympics, the FLU epidemic was the news. As I went to the luggage claim area I passed the Japanese team standing in order, waiting to get next directions, all in precise order and all wearing face masks! Turns out we were at the same lodging and at breakfast a fellow at the next table was wearing a tee emblazoned with something to the effect "ice sprint race sponsored by Toyota " I thought, given the time it should have an added line, "Beware unexpected acceleration".

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Finished the roof project. Both vents and ACs are only a couple years old and gaskets are in good shape. Recaulked where needed, replaced both skylights and 3 coats of Anvil. Hopefully done for many years now!

While the rest of the country freezes, we have had great weather. Mid 80's for the next week or so. Got a chance to swim lengths in the pool. (Last year I gained 12 pounds here, trying to do better this year!) Arthritis in my hips doesn't like walking like I used to.

There is no cable or internet at this park. We have a cell phone booster and a wifi hotspot for internet. Finally got sick of reruns of Green Acres and Gomer Pyle so we got a portable satellite system from Dish. Pay by the month, no contracts. Easy setup and it works well.

Next project is to straighten rear bumper and rehang the tailpipe. Then I will finally get around to painting the engine and engine bay.

We got a call from Charlotte county and we have appointments for Moderna vaccine on Friday morning! We had been trying for weeks to get through and were registered on the state list and several counties as well as Publix. It will be good to get poked and get on with it.

We will stay here until late April. Looking forward to the summer and seeing folks again. Minnesnowta in June and Manistee in August. Life is good.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well Steve, I am sure you will come back sooner if I tell you this, the temperature got all the way up to almost 40 yesterday and perhaps today. We are having a melt, but there is so much snow on the ground it may take all spring to dissipate. More snow is predicted for the weekend so don't pack up yet!!! Deadhorse Hide

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If it weren't for my vaccine appt I would leave today! No fun at all here. I just miss that so much. No skiing, ice fishing or especially snowmobiling here. The sign at the park entrance makes it very clear. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve you are having better luck with the vaccine than I. I am trying Walgreens, Jewel, local drug Stores and my medical office. No appointments available and the Medical office says they will call me when it is my turn. Iowa has less the 10% in my age group with 2 doses and about 30% with one. No appointments do to the lack of vaccine. Gonna keep trying!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm 82 so in TN, that age group was the first to get it along with health care providers. I received my first shot on Jan 21 and my second on Feb 10. Tere is 62 and scheduled to get it in March. I understand the horrible situation in Texas has delayed a lot of things.

J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
10am this morning was my second! Next week 1st haircut in a year, 1st meal served by a stranger and maybe a cold draft pint. Liz got the first yesterday so she will have to live vicariously. Wink

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I just got our first dose of Moderna vaccine. Charlotte county has a drive through site for those with reservations. Only 7 miles away. About 15 minutes in line, quick paperwork check, then a shot in the arm. Wait 15 minutes to watch for reactions and away you go. A good system once we got the appointments. 2nd shot March 26.

I just finished installing the new muffler and new hangers. New muffler is shorter, lighter, stainless steel. More room at the back near the bumper. Used a piece of perforated angle for a universal hangar mount. Remounted the tailpipe and all is good.

Next I will install new laminate on the top half of the bathroom walls. I need to install new trim on the inside of the new shower skylight as well. I have a few items on the VW to do later.

Mid 80's today, near 90 for the next week! The ice in my Scotch is melted... gotta go now.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
You get more done at an RV park 1400 miles from home than most people in their own back yard! See ya sometime this week.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is a lot easier when you don't have to shovel snow to work on the coach! If I had a big heated barn I would get more done at home. My arthritis is a lot happier here too.

We had 88 degrees the last couple days and looking for 86 today. Feeling a bit sluggish. The ACs are working great though. We have been swimming in the morning before the pool gets crowded.

I pulled the cabinet out of the toilet room. Ready to cut and fit the laminate. I should get at least one wall done today.

Danny, we are planning to hit the Gulf beach in the next couple days. We will let you know and stop by. Looking forward to seeing you again. Life is good in Florida.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
When we moved to TN 15 years ago, we invested in a 40'x35' garage, mostly to be able to work on rvs whenever we wanted to. In addition to the Barth,it's also home to our son's tractor, our grandson's Volvo, our 450SL and the Saturn and Grand Marquis. While it's not heated, we had the entire building spray foamed. Even at 20 degrees, a space heater makes it comfortable. Over the last month, even with cold weather, Tere completely disassembled the rear end, new seals for the diff and axle, new brake lines, shocks, etc, and was able to do it in reasonable comfort.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Over the last month, even with cold weather, Tere completely disassembled the rear end, new seals for the diff and axle, new brake lines, shocks, etc, and was able to do it in reasonable comfort.

Jim, you know I'm still in love with your wife...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
It is a lot easier when you don't have to shovel snow to work on the coach! If I had a big heated barn I would get more done at home. My arthritis is a lot happier here too.

We had 88 degrees the last couple days and looking for 86 today. Feeling a bit sluggish. The ACs are working great though. We have been swimming in the morning before the pool gets crowded.

I pulled the cabinet out of the toilet room. Ready to cut and fit the laminate. I should get at least one wall done today.

Danny, we are planning to hit the Gulf beach in the next couple days. We will let you know and stop by. Looking forward to seeing you again. Life is good in Florida.

Lived in Tampa for a few years, I think Clearwater beach is the best kept and nicest sand on the gulf!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clearwater beach

https://www.tampabay.com/flori...s-best-beaches-2019/ Cool

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post