Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 20/21
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Well, it is getting cloudy, rainy and cold at home. I got a few projects done and the coach was ready for another trip to the sunny south. Naturally, just when I thought I was ready, the Kwikee retractable steps broke. They were the swing out style and I never liked them so I did not get them welded, I ordered another set of the slide out style.

Naturally, the steps arrived just in time for our first light snow. Nothing more fun than lying on the ground working on the coach with temps in the 30's. The new steps are great but I was even more ready to go south.

We left on Friday morning. About 450 miles to the Youngstown Ohio area to vist Kevin and HelenJo. We had not seen them in a while. Arrived Fri afternoon with temps in the 70's. A good visit. We left on Sunday, 37 degrees and cloudy.

Drove to northern Virginia, another 400 miles or so. Stayed overnight. Monday AM was 49 degrees, drizzling rain. Drove about 350 miles to see Nick and Donna Cagle in Harlem Georgia. Tom and Nancy Johns were already here. As we pulled in we saw another Barth here. Ed Mwrench was also here! Another mini GTG at the UBRVRAPE location!

Always good to see our Barth friends as we travel. We will stay until Thursday, then continue to Florida. Once there, we will park the coach for the winter and leave the VW bus also. We have a car in Florida we will drive home next week. We will drive the car back in mid Dec for the winter stay.`

We are looking forward to another sunny winter in Florida. More to follow.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 300 hp

Posts: 4255 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hope you can get over here for a visit before you head back up. I'd like to show off the other house that I've been working on since March.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3712 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good idea! We will be at Oakhaven on Thurs. We will not leave north until Mon or Tues. We wll try to get over your way this weekend. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 300 hp

Posts: 4255 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice visit with Steve and Liz yesterday. Got to show off the house we've been working on since March. The weather is finally cooling off down here and they are heading back to the cold tundra for another couple months!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3712 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a great time moving the coach to Florida! Visits with Kevin, Cagles, and Danny and Suzy were pleasant. Distance and masks took good care of all of us. Because of our route, we ran 1670 miles to get to Oakhaven. A good run with the coach and no problems.

This is definitely the best way to "winterize" the coach!

With some reluctance, Liz and I jumped in the car yesterday at 630 AM and drove back home. Liz drove from Florida to the Tn/Ky line and I drove from Ky border to home. This direct route is 1470 miles. We drove straight through (about 21 hours drive time) to Mi, took a short nap and were home at 5AM today.

We plan to return to Florida around Dec 10. Missing the warm weather already!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 300 hp