Forums    Barth Journeys    Heading to Beeville TX.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading to Beeville TX.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Just finished the Mojave Mile and now on our way (slowly) to Beeville TX. to do the Texas Mile.

Fastest bike at Mojave was ~273 MPH and the fastest car was ~220 MPH (don't remember the exact speeds). We had an electric bike do 190+MPH, conditions were quite good and the weather/wind cooperated very nicely for us. No pictures, sorry, I am now doing communications along with timing and very busy (tired) to worry about pictures.

Stopped in Yuma yesterday to say HOWDY to Gary and Marleen Carter. Will be in the Tuscan area tonight. Don't have to be at Beeville until Tuesday next week.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize that Gary was back here yet... guess i better wander on over there and say hi! Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
If you have that much time , then try the Hill Country. Its been very dry but it is great country.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have spent the last 2 days in Sadona AZ. beautiful area, we have been here a lot but is always good to come back.

Will be going to the Benson AZ area today/tomorrow.

My Kwikee steps are now giving me grief. Starting to be somewhat intermittent. May be time to replace the entire unit. I don't have the time or energy to trouble shoot the issue.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Trouble shooting may take only a few minutes, a bit of wire and a couple of butt connectors.

My step was intermittent; I decided to replace it due to deterioration. The ground wire (white in my coach) from the step had 3 pieces of wire and 3 butt connectors to ground. The ensemble fell apart when I tugged on it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty, just getting lazy in my old age!

The steps are still working so I will delay any action until I get back.

On a good note--- I finally broke into the 12 MPG range whew! It was a combination of driving 55 MPH, no wind, flat land (thru AZ actually slightly down hill) and cruise control later on I10 at 65 MPH. I have had three runs now in the mid 11's and one at 12.25 MPG. I guess I have to slow down!! Unfortunately, on the return trip I have to be back ASAP so it will be 75 MPH as long as I can achieve it.

We are in the Beeville TX area now and will be setting up the equipment for the Texas Mile Tomorrow.

On another note, we have logged 95,000 miles on our Breakaway since February 2006. Miles on the Breakaway now are 165,000. 1400 hours on the propane generator.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
ED: Sounds like the Barth is finally reaching the "Broken In Stage"................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post