Tools
Reply To This Topic

Can't wait for Florida
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Only a week left and we'll head south. I'm ready. We got six more inches of snow last night, still snowing.

I just got 86Barth shovelled off 2 days ago, now look

At least the path is clear for Florida escape:

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to close the door on your way down. We don't want any of that stuff down here!

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I guess that is one of the reasons I left the Midwest many years ago. got tired of working on my machines with blue finger tips.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
believe me i sometimes wonder why i left on days like today !!!!!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Try to make it to SW Florida by Tuesday 2/19/13. We are expecting 80 degrees, again & again & again

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Steve, do you still have my #? I can put you up here for a night or 2 while we figure out how Lenny's doing. It's only 35 this am but it'll be back in the 70s by tomorrow. Be glad to have you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Danny, I will call later today. Was planning to touch base for an update, thanks.

Just finished the trailer mods and the motorcycle is loaded. Once I load the bicycles and tarp it over the toad will be ready.

I'll clear off 86Barth (again) pull it out and start loading later today. Last night it was clear and 8 degrees, by midnight tonight they're calling for rain for one day, then more snow on the way this week. head bang

Get me out of here! Planning to head for SE MI on Sat then south on Monday. Planning for southern Florida by Wed 27, hang around the 28th, then on to the Keys Mar 1. Tenn GTG on the way home. The Barthing season has almost begun! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had the driveway clear and 86Barth was shoveled off yesterday, honest! Then today...

My two favorite machines:

Snowed all day (again) 11-12 inches last two days.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to clear the roof, again. Oh boy. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Steve, we will verify that the A/C systems are all up and running well before you get down here.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
it was a very strange day... about 15 degrees, but there was an odd color in the sky, almost blue! There was a bright light in the sky all day tracking from east to west. I remember seeing it in Florida...

I always try to follow what Nick says so I checked to see if the AC was OK.... ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Barths have an aircraft style frame under that roof; go up there and so what needs to be done.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
We have used the roof as a deck to watch the races at Dega in our regency for 13 years with no problems and the have been up on the roof of our newer Monarch and it's just as strong.

I put down a carpet so the chairs don't mark the roof coating.

Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I like orange, (on tractors too!) ROTFLMAO
If I kill the little green one (not likely soon) I'll get an orange one.

Only real problem with the roof is slick metal, rounded edges, ice and snow and an old man who doesn't bounce well! Normally I wouldn't bother to clear it off except when I need to drive it. Last winter I had it covered with a giant tarp but the wind did some scuffing under the tarp so this winter I just covered the vents and ACs

Be sure you have mapped the vents, skylights, etc before you have to find them under a foot of snow. WATCH OUT FOR THE TV ANTENNA! I use broom and feet to push the snow around.

Structurally, they are really good. I would not do this on SOB.

In summer, put old carpet down and go for it! Thumbs Up

Snowing again here... one more day. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve:

I live just south of Tallahassee in St. Marks off 98.
Not sure what route your taking but if you need a place to stop over in north Florida on the way down I have power water and dump hook up.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ed! Thumbs Up

We'll be meandering through Florida next week tues/wed/thurs Plan to land in the Keys Mar 1. I will likely be around Naples or Venice with Lenny or Danny by wed pm.

Would love to meet you folks. Liz and I are already planning on the Dec GTG this year. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp