Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Arrived at Pt. Lavaca TX
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Arrived at Pt. Lavaca TX yesterday, 1840 miles, 2 1/2 days of driving. RV ran well but the turd fairy struck again.

3-4 hundred miles into the trip on Sunday, I noticed boost was very slow to come on. I had to get to 1800 RPM before I got any boost at all. Could still run down the road at 70+ MPH but took a LONG time to get there. Temperatures all normal but EGT was a bit low at full throttle.

This wasn't the first time I have had trouble with boost and over all performance. Seemed to come and go but this time it was really bad.

Stopped at Elroy AZ, found the problem, repaired it and was underway again all was good. I will write up this issue in tech talk.

Been pulling a 12 foot tandem axle trailer. Weighed at Elroy, full fuel, full propane, full fresh water, +ME. 24,540 lbs. RV 20,360, trailer 4180. 9.3 MPG average.

Up to Beeville today to set up timing equipment for the Texas Mile Friday thru Sunday. Should be back home Nov 3.

261,360 HARD MILES on my Breakaway and going strong.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Heck, you could've saved a lot of effort and just sent me all the money... ROTFLMAO

Jeff Frusha
Cedar Creek, Texas
'84 Barth Euro Commercial Custom

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safely home. Not without more issues. Coming toward Needles CA up 95, surrounded by big rigs, a trailer tire let go! Big band and 5 miles later found a gas station open that had a tire shop. Paid more but the guy was very kind nd worked well to get me back on the road. It was after 6:00 P< and he had already gone home.

Good event, 1100 runs, highest speed was a Mustang at 247.3 MPH. Highest bike was 238 MPH. I am off now for 5 months but the messy shop is calling for a complete clean up.

Wifey is doing VERY WELL. Good thing I am back to hold her down a bit, she is feeling so good she thinks she can go back to normal activities, NOT YET! Still had 9 more weeks until the fusion is complete and then I will let her go!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Time for a liesurely trip with lots of easy listening and reading in the warm sun. She can bring her exercise eqipment and let you wait hand and foot!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom: yeah doing that already, lots of "honey do" projects lined up for me when I got home. PT people say she is their model patient! She is doing very well with only surgery pain but no back or leg pain/numbness at all.

Texas Mile will be moving from Beeville TX to Victoria TX next year.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad the wife is doing so well. Sounds like it was a good "Mile" in Texas. Do you remember what kind of bike? I'm guessing a Hyabusa Kawasaki, but I wish it was a Harley. I saw a documentary show on a group of guys that built an early Camaro for mile runs. Might have been "Cherry Bomb" but I don't remember for sure. Wondering if they are still in the game.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Jane is doing well.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Jane and tell her to be calm and cool for at least nine more weeks.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Excellent news Ed. Glad it all worked out. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Glad she's doing well. Fully understand the frustrations of feeling well, but not allowed to DO everything...

Is she going to have Physical Therapy and/or Occupational Therapy, following the recovery? Might be worth looking into.

Shop? What's that...? Razzer
Going to have to build a couple of Visqueen Greenhouses against the sides of ours, and use a propane shop heater, to make a Winter workshop, and be able to get underneath. Monsoon season just hit Central Texas. You got out just in time.

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Cedar Creek, Texas
'84 Barth Euro Custom Commercial

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed
Glad to hear Jane is doing well with her back surgery issues-- wish her further speedy recovery, and the patience to let it happen.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Glad the wife is doing so well. Sounds like it was a good "Mile" in Texas. Do you remember what kind of bike? I'm guessing a Hyabusa Kawasaki, but I wish it was a Harley. I saw a documentary show on a group of guys that built an early Camaro for mile runs. Might have been "Cherry Bomb" but I don't remember for sure. Wondering if they are still in the game.

Yup most all of the high speed bikes over 225 MPH are Hyabusa. We did have one Harley last season at Mojave that did ~209 MPH, claim for the fastest Harley. Harleys are usually about 140-155 MPH.

I think you are referring to "Big Red" Camaro. They suffered a complete loss do to fire last fall. Will rebuild but will take a lot of time.

Jane is doing quite well, she has been doing both Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. Staples coming out tomorrow and that has been the biggest source of pain so far. Doctor says after 12 weeks, (yup 9 to go) she can do most anything without fear of disrupting the fusion process.

Thanksa to all for your kind wishes and prayers!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater