Forums    Barth Journeys    On the Road Again...!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

On the Road Again...!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Due to a death in the family, StaRV II, Maggie, Casey, and I are on the road to NW MO tomorrow - Wave if you see us... Smiler

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family. Hope your trip is uneventful. Take care Rusty.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind comments (I'm still in MO); the death was that of my stepfather, nearly 90, and until a month ago in very good physical health (although his mental faculties had all but failed a year ago). A WWII vet, he was interred 6/15 at Ft. Leavenworth with full military honors (including my strapping on my sailor suit).

So it's hard to have regrets for someone who had a full, long, life and expired without pain or suffering.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
...including my strapping on my sailor suit...
Wow, what a beautiful thought.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks God for our fathers who went off to save the world. My dad (a WWII Marine) would be 96 this year. I am thankful you had your Dad that long.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Once again I and the Dynamic Duo (Maggie and Casey) hit the road 7/18 for my sister's in NW MO, thence to the Nebraska Star Party, then return for a week at my sister's (wrapping up Dad's things, mostly selling the Stuff in the Basement). Outbound, I hope to swing by Cookeville, TN to look around and maybe meet carlflack.

(BTW, I guess I'm getting my money's worth from StaRV II - I've already put 4,500 miles on her since getting in January this year. Yearend will probably total around 10,500.)

If you see us, wave.

"I knowed it wuz you when you driv by, cuz you retch out and wove at me!"

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke