Forums    Barth Journeys    recommended campgrounds/boondocks ATL-Denver?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

recommended campgrounds/boondocks ATL-Denver?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
Probably going via Nash-Paducah-STL-KC but maybe via my hometown of Indy-STL etc. We can boondock and don't need cable or wifi so any quiet rustic parks, wal-marts, etc would be appreciated? Thanks.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Only one on that path that I can talk about is in middle of Missouri just off I-40. Bennett Springs State Park and is also a state fish hatchery. The fishing is excellent, the campground is good, the lodge has a good breakfast, the showers were hot and clean.All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
do you fish in the hatchery bet that would be fun for a short while.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Duck Creek RV Park has decent ownership/management, just north off I-24 Exit 11, east of Paducah. There's a large Wal-Mart west of Exit 4.

West on SR 15 at I-57/I-64 Exit 95 at Mt. Vernon, IL, is Quality Time RV Park, rustic and semi-secluded; there's a Wal-Mart nearby.

For St. Louis area, I-64/US 40 construction is complete (it was totally closed last winter) with a few lane closures. The merger of I-64/I-55 with I-70 requires getting over several lanes to the right to make the exit just west of the river, so I usually take I-64. If I-64 is closed, I dodge onto I-255 at Exit 7 in IL, to I-270.

The MoDOT map is a good place to check on things, as it's updated daily.

Can't tell you about I-70 west of KC.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post