Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

To The Texas Mile event
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
My race session starts next weekend at Beeville TX. We are on the way there now.

We left late Friday night, stopover at Wal-mart in Bakersfield and then on to Kingman AZ for another stopover. Early Sunday stopped at North Phoenix to visit Don And Pattie and to trouble shoot his charging issue.

The alternator regulator is defective or maybe a diode or two is open. Also found a relay or two that needed to be replaced and confirmed that the isolator was OK, the alternator was not starting up even though there was a "key" signal at the alternator. Would start and put out OK voltage if the output of the alternator was "flashed" The tach signal is driven by the alternator so the alternator not working is the root cause of the tach malfunction. There is something in the alternator that has changed. It was working before and during his trip down here. Will write this up later in the Tech session.

My promoter of the TM called and asked me to be there earlier than planned so we left abit earlier than we would have wished so we could spend more time with Don. Was a great greasy visit Ha Ha.

Should be in Beeville TX late Tuesday.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Awaiting pix of the Tex Mile. Hope all goes well and safe for the participants. We like bikes!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I know Danny, the biggest problem I have is after I get all my equipment set up and ready, I am about 1/2 mile away from the action. I have all the timing equipment in the timing trailer about 600 feet from the finish but because of the airport layout, the Barth and me are about 2000 feet away from the trailer. I print out the speed tickets that we give each driver after each run, so I am really away from all the action. I will try to make sure I post all the videos that are taken after the event.

Bikes are really kool BUT, I always am concerned about these guys going so fast. Fastest bike I have timed so far is 278 MPH. Bill Warner who did 311 at the Maine shootout (1.5 mile) was trying to do 300 MPH in the 1 mile but unfortunately lost it on shut down and was badly injured.

Check out the Texas Mile we site.

www.texasmile.net

More later

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post