Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

In LHC, AZ
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Citgo is owned by the Gov't of Venezuela which is run by the Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America.

I have a "close family member" who is a high up exec with Citgo.....the feeling is mutual among the employees....Chavez tried to raid their retirement funds but they were able to keep him out....they hate dealing with the Venezualians on a day-to-day basis...

Incidently, I'm looking out my window and gas is
$3.02 and diesel is 3.65

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
wikipedia is an unencumbered port for anyone to put forth their opinions. Snopes, for those of us who don't subscribe to the radical right, gives us a more realistic view. Sorry Doug and Corey, but there are differing opinions.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....the feeling is mutual among the employees....

Let me clarify something...I meant that the Chavez doesn't like America and the employees don't like Chavez...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
wikipedia is an unencumbered port for anyone to put forth their opinions. Snopes, for those of us who don't subscribe to the radical right, gives us a more realistic view. Sorry Doug and Corey, but there are differing opinions.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

I think even Doug will vouch that I'm very far from the radical right hmm The radical middle....maybe Roll Eyes

The Wikipedia link was just to show that Citgo is, in fact, a Venezuelan owned company.

The opinion about Chavez is my own and although I called him a Dictator, he is actually elected to his position. Of course, "elected" means something much different in Venezuela. Like, mark your ballot here or go to prison kind of elected!

So what part of my statement are you at odds with Danny? The Snopes thing was too rambling for me to follow.

By the way, to be fair Chavez says he has no issue with Americans, just our Gov't. And I, likewise, have no issue with Venezuelans, just Chavez and his corrupt Gov't. - - - which owns Citgo, did I mention that? Violence

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Corey, you have to remember that Danny only allows input that agrees with his left leaning ideals. Big Grin He won't listen to anyone that disagrees, whereas I listen to all sides of the argument. I also will admitt that the right isn't always right. I never let Danny get under my skin because he is a great brother and an even better person. Every person who Danny meets is a friend. Now if I could just get him to think straight..... cheers

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I hear ya brotha!

Everyone has a right to lean whichever way they please. Just don't buy Citgo gas Big Grin

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Recognizing that there are plenty of other places to argue politics on the 'Net, I was kinda hoping we wouldn't have to wade through it on our Barthmobile site. The entire Country needs to come together and we've been doing a great job of doing just that as we focus on our Barths or Barths-to-be.

Passem on the Terrace.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Lou, I think that's the problem - everyone wants to argue politics instead of discussing politics. Our country was founded on a diversity of ideas but now people no longer are able to share their thoughts. What a shame that there can be no civil discourse of ideas any more. Frowner

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
hide

Cheapest Diesel is $3.95 at Hess and Citgo. Cheapest gas is the E85 our car runs on. $3.10 at Velaro.

It's funny to watch the customers who go into a Velaro and pump the E85 in their cars that do not run on E85. I've told a few people not to do it as an FYI - but it falls on deaf ears.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of Mac Gray
posted Hide Post
Oh how I enjoy the diesel pusher in my 30 Breakaway. The trip this week to Florida compared to the 25 Regal looks like this:
1138 Miles
88.17 gals of diesel
12.9 mpg
$333.01 fuel costs

Two trips to Florida last year, Total of 4770 miles, 369.38 gal of diesel, 12.91 mpg at a cost of $1234.24.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seebert, Pocahontas County, WV | Member Since: 05-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If we too long trips, a DP would be in our future.

That mileage would probably pay for the higher purchase price.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
What I would give to have a DP Barth. My wife didn't believe me when I told her how much better it could be with a DP. We have no choice but to suffer with the gasser for a few more years. I was hoping to be closer to 7 mpg with the 454 but that will take casting off some weight to get there and maybe a few engine upgrades.

We won't do too much to this Barth since it will do the job it was designed to do based on how it's built. She really ran strong for the 2k+ miles.

The only issue was a bad tank of fuel east of Albuquerque that made the climb on 40 west a real bear. My wife filled up at the same Flying J and the car couldn't pull the hills either. Then we stopped for a spell and ran the genny and it didn't run right either. No doubt there was something off with that fuel. After another fill up she was back to her normal self.

Shadow, we haven't hit the China Buffet yet. First stop is always the In-n-Out Burger right next door. Then off the one of the dog parks to wear down the pups. They are still working off the week on the road.

We are so happy to see mountains again.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post