Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Phoenix I-17 north roadway access
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
We are driving through Phoenix next week and have made reservations at the Deserts Edge RV Park but there are rumors that I-17 is under construction and we may need to find a new access. If anyone has been there recently or knows of the RV Park I would appreciate any advice or warnings.
Thanks in advance

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom
The 17 is always under construction in this area it seems. I wouldn't worry about access though, they will have to keep the area open to handle all the commuters.
To get to this park you would exit at Deer Valley Rd and go east to the Norterra Parkway. If for any reason Deer Valley is closed, or jammed with traffic you can go to any of the exits from I17 north of it and then come back south on the Norterra Pkwy and it will bring you to it.The Norterra is a main road that parallels 17 from Deer Valley Rd, down by the 101 Expwy all the way up to Rt 74, the Carefree Hwy.
I think this park is right adjacent to the I17 so you might look for a site away from the hwy noise. It is a bit mis-named, nowhere near the desert these days.
Can't tell you anything about the park, we have been at Pioneer up near Anthem, Pleasant Harbor out by Lake Pleasant and In Black Canyon City at Bradshaw Mtn. Rv.
I would like to hear what you think of Desert's Edge as it is only about a mile from our daughter and son in laws house. We are looking forward to another Arizona winter next year.
Hopes this helps.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don. We will take pictures and give you a report.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, when will you be going to PHX? We are flying down to San Antonio April 20th to re-join our Barth and drive it back to Ft.Stockton/Sanderson area on Tuesday April 21, Will be in that area until April 26 (I am timing the BBORR event) and then head back to the home base. Due to some unfortunate circumstances we will probably go thru PHX and then up to Las Vegas for a few days on the return.

Maybe we could hook up for a brief meeting along the way.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will be going staying in Phoenix on the 23rd on our way to Knotts Berry Farm for a Handcrafted Auto Cobra Show and then back on the 26th at night. We are on I-10 for most the time.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
We are in Ft. Stockton just east of the town now, will be leaving for Sanderson in a few hours. Will be staying there until Thursday evening when we return to Ft. Stockton.

The Race begins Saturday for the entire day. We will be heading back to CA on Apr 26 along I-10 and will probably go thru PHX on the way to LV. Not sure how long we will be driving each day on the way back.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post