Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

On the way to England
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Two weeks ago I sold my Barth 28' to Oliver. He has driven it from here (North Idaho) to Manhatten where it is now on the docks to ship to England. It will join three other Barths in the UK. It should be an exciting new life for the Barth, and Oliver too.

Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454 (being shipped to England)

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
With the price of petrol in the UK, we hope the new owner has many nice camping destinations close to home, and also that he joins us here to share his adventures.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Oliver says he is going to live in it.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am planning on living in it, yes. Petrol price is a problem - easier to work out and compare in litres than gallons since we have a different gallon measurement to you in the USA.

Very simply your gas is 33 pence per litre and ours is 98 pence per litre. 3 times more. ouch. And I met on my journey so many people who were complaining that gas has gone up - they remember the dizzy old days, not that long ago, when it was $2 a gallon!

Thus I am going to convert to LPG which will cost $4,000 approx and the fuel is 48 pence per litre.

I just hope that 28 ft is big enough. Or else I'm coming back to buy another. I got the bug now!!!! Maybe I'll make it an annual pilgramage, come over the pond buy one, ship it home, live in it for a year, sell it in UK or Europe and keep repeating the glorious cycle!!!

Posts: 5 | Member Since: 05-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Here is Grizzly and Oliver, see if you can guess who is who...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Great pic. I think I know who is who????????
It looks like Grizzly had a very nice coach!

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Here is Grizzly and Oliver, see if you can guess who is who...
Didn't you just tell us? Here is Grizzly and Oliver... Razzer
In that order. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for those still confused, the clue is in one of our names...... Eeker

Posts: 5 | Member Since: 05-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post