Forums    Barth Journeys    Quartsite, Mesa, Tucson, Yuma,Santa Barbara etc.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Quartsite, Mesa, Tucson, Yuma,Santa Barbara etc.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Well, the Barth is all ready, got the steering column moved 4 inches forward, new track bar in the rear and new spring bushing/shakles installed finished today.

Will be headed off to Quartsite on Feb 1, late, should be there for 2-3 days, then off to Mesa AZ to visit fellow RVers, Down to Tucson for a day or so and then to Yuma for a day or so. Will be coming back up thru LA nd stop over in Santa Barbara area (Carpenteria) then home. Anyone want to get together along the way let me know.

We finished 2006 putting 11K miles on the Barth (since Feb 2006) and if all of our plans hold this year we should go over 25K miles. I really have nothing left to do on the Barth except---drive it!!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a plan! We've both put some effort and buck$ into our Barths - mine has accumulated slightly over 12K miles since I got it (Jan '06). Most of my major work has also been done - a few minor thingies to fix, but it remains road-ready.

You'll blow by my mileage this year, as it looks like I have about 15K planned...Mid-South Star Gaze in April, Georgia Sky View later that month, Top Gun (Model airplane meet in Lakeland, FL) in May, Nebraska Star Party in July, and so forth. A property looksee in west Texas sometime...

One of the perks of being totally retired is that I have nowhere to go and all day to get there...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
If you are in Yuma before Feb 9 or after the 16th we can park you for a few days. Anyone else for that matter

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that you two have invested lots of time and money into those coaches, when are you going to sell one of them to me??

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Very Famous Coach...it's probably the most-ain't-for-salest motorhome in the Southeast...but I would (to demonstrate my flexibility) entertain offers in the $95,000 range... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
And mine is probably "the most-ain't for salest motorhome in the West"! Gee Rusty, you are more flexible than I, why so cheap??!!

Glad you had a good trip, I am anxious to try the Barth now that I got a new track bar and the suspension bushings replaced.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I only agreed to "entertain" offers...I'd maybe take 'em to Silver Springs and Disney World, and wait for them to grow... Wink

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Needless to say I enjoy reading the mail. We are here in Nashville at a KOA and taking advantage of their WiFi. We stopped to see the sights but may be delayed for a day or so due to weather. The plan is to continue go to Arizona. This is all new to us since we got our 1987 Barth in March of '06.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post