Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

smokeys next
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
We are leaving to the smokeys Monday only a two week trip to Dolly world and Gatlinburg,then to Cades Cove. Don't think WE will go over the mountain .We will come south from I40.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
We just did that route. We stayed at the Clabough Family Campground in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge. Nice campground. It's the only campground I've ever stayed at where the reviews talked more about the great restaurant there than the camping accomodations! Wish I had been able to sample it, but it was closed when we arrived and we were busy the following day.

We ended up going I-40 to I-75 then through Chattanooga and Atlanta until Cordele where we picked up RT-300. 300 turns into 19 and we're home. We really like the coastal route on 19 compared to I-75. I-75 gets my vote as one of the country's most dangerous roads.

If you get a chance to stop in, were in Spring Hill at 352-666-0444

Safe Travels!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have to use the mh. every two weeks or we get bored. Hate to stay at home ever since my buddy died can't get it out of my head .Just got back from Captieva island . Don't go there no beach one campground it is nice but nothing to do .
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We were looking forward to camp a night or two with both of you and exercise our little Barth but we have to work Frowner . But if you are looking for a very interesting place to visit, go to the Museum of Appalachia in Norris TN. I-75 exit 122. Just 1/4 mi of the Interstate and a big gravel parking lot. A wonderful museum, not stiff and dusty, it tells real life stories of people here. I think there is a campground nearby but never tried it.
You are doing the right thing, travel and enjoy while you can. So many folks wait for that "special" time and it never comes.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks marv I will look into it ,see you in December.WE ARE GOING TO DOLLYWORLD GATLINBURG ARRIVING IN PIGON FORDGE ON THR 15TH STAYING FOR A WEEK. JUDYS BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 17TH my brother might be coming in,he lives in Johnson city.
LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B