Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Michigan Bound
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
So SteveVW have you hit the road for the North yet? It is 70F here today!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
As much as I don't want people to know when I'm not home, ROTFLMAO I must admit it was sunny and 82 here today so Liz and I went to the beach! Cool (Michigan is a long way from the Gulf of Mexico, our lake is still frozen and they got an inch of snow last night.) confusion

As much as I miss skating on the lake and shoveling snow I am glad to stay here in Florida. Sadly, we are leaving on Sunday with plans to meander north slowly. Planning to visit Nick and Donna, then Tom and Nancy on the way.

We'll be back in the Great White North around mid month if it is not too white. head bang

Looking forward to seeing yall in Minnesnowta (WITHOUT the snow!) Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve, what beach is that Smiler

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That was Blind Pass beach. It it just west of Port Charlotte. There are 3 nice beaches there on the Gulf. From south to north are Englewood beach, Blind Pass beach and Manasota Beach. All are on a narrow strip along the coast known as Manasota Key.
Beautiful wide beaches miles long. Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I always like the west coast of Florida over the east, the white sand, almost like powder, I still think Clearwater beach near Tampa is my favorite.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Oakwood park this morning. Hate to go but it is getting hot here! We drove about 250 miles north to the Starke KOA.

I had not driven the coach since early Dec, but the Monarch fired right up, pulled the VW as usual.

This is about 15 miles from where Rusty used to be. This is the first time we have been here without seeing him. Times change... Frowner

We leave tomorrow, heading for Georgia to visit Nick and Donna. Another 275 miles north. Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Well Steve since you are heading north, I took the time to retire all the vehicles I Tooling Along drive in snow.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Snow is projected in Minnesnowta on Wednesday Thursday and wind..... 5" to 8" of snow.. The pile is not even gone in my yard yet...ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Dang Steve I'm blaming you for making Mother Nature mad.....

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
See, this what we get... I blabbed my plans and put in that giant beach picture. head bang

This is all Duane's fault he started it! ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
This is all Duane's fault he started it! ROTFLMAO

Thumbs Up Thanks Duane! Thumbs Up The forsythia will be in bloom and the daffodils are up. I can't help it you other members chose to live closer to the north pole.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve is wrong trying to post all the blame on me, as soon as he heads north, ole Mom Nature opens the skies and lets go with her last blast of winter!!

Dana, the Mississippi, just can't take anymore of that Minnesnowta white stuff, we are now only 3 foot below the all time high flood mark, its not fair to put Iowa under your melt water. We might even see a flurry or two this week! Is almost 75F today.

Stay south this week Steve and maybe you will drive the rest of the way home with the A/C running.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
You folks north of 38.6 long. from Chicago to North Dakota need to quit sending water for awhile. We have all three major rivers in flood right now and only the Missouri is scheduled to drop below action level in the next couple of weeks.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
It can be scientifically explained. Steve moved a big square block aka Barth. This created a vacuum/space which in turn filled with air. That sucked cold Canadian air down south. Or something like that.
We burned a giant "snowman" today in Zurich and the head exploded in 18 minutes. It will be a great summer Confused , old Swiss tradition. Older than burning man and in the middle of town.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a climatological variant of the Lucas theory of electricity! Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
It can be scientifically explained. Steve moved a big square block aka Barth. This created a vacuum/space which in turn filled with air. That sucked cold Canadian air down south. Or something like that.
We burned a giant "snowman" today in Zurich and the head exploded in 18 minutes. It will be a great summer Confused , old Swiss tradition. Older than burning man and in the middle of town.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Clickhere... http://ntnoa.org/LucasSmoke.htm .. Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post