Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Michigan Bound
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO (previous owner of 2 british cars)

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Lucas has many patents. That which we call "lights" are no such thing. They are "dark suckers" which use power to suck darkness away. This of course requires heat and smoke. When they cool down the darkness prevails again...

I am returning with a whole box (Barth) full of WARM air! Hope to fill the void up there. May have to barge over the rivers. confusion

We did 275 miles from Starke to see Cagles in Georgia. Always good to see Nick and Donna. After all Nick taught me to drink Scotch, he is my Scotch mentor! cheers

We will stay a couple days. Kalkaska will get more snow on Thursday. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
You know, I may be wrong blaming this flooding weather on SteveVW. I am now convinced the fault lies in Minnesnowta, Perhaps at Danas'and Kenny Js' door.

We have rain today, however, the river is going down a bit, but by next Monday we get back into a rising flood, due to the melt in Minnesnowta from the recent snow.

I have not even been on a lake bass fishing yet, rare for me, the Mississippi river around here will not be fishable to June I bet. Hope the ST Joe in Elkhart fairs better for the Rusty GTG.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

SNOWSNOW>WIND>SNOW>WIND>FREEZING RAIN>RAIN>WIND>SNOW>

Do you see a reoccurring theme here?

DBarth at work so the snow plow gets no opportunity to get it.

Midnight is in front of the shed and holding my boat hostage inside.

Freezing rain, snow and then rain the next 2 days. If the roads are bad I'm staying at work and hunkering down in DBarth.

Darn it Steve don't tell Mother Nature when you are heading north....................................................................................................................................................

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I don’t think Steve is going any farther than Kentucky until the weather breaks.

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You got that right! We are still at Cagles, will be until Sat AM.

Kentucky on Sunday. Hiding out there until weather improves is the plan.

Have Barth, will travel... Eventually Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Still pretty nice down here. I don't know why anybody would want to leave, but I wish a lot more yankees would! Just kidding, hope to see you all back down here next December.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry to go but we were seeing 90's there, 1st week of April! Nice actually, but too nice!

3 inches snow at home... head bang

Stuck in the middle... Thanks to the hospitality of Nick and Donna we have a wonderful oasis to hide out. Sitting in their driveway, life is very good.

Have Barth, will travel, maybe, eventually, sooner or later Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I left Cagles this morning. We had a great time. A good way to hide from Mother Nature a few days.

We drove to Creekwood RV park in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. About 208 miles. A nice sunny drive today. Two nights here then on to Kentucky.

Planning to visit Tom and Nancy a couple days then proceed home if weather permits.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Now it is 34F and snowing in the lowlands of Switzerland, covering all the nice flowers and blossoms, greening trees ... Steve, your travels cause global disturbances in the weather pattern Hide Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had no idea I am an international weather pariah! I have more power/bad luck than I thought... head bang

It is cooler and raining here. High wind advisory too. Spring is slower here, no leaves on the trees. A sad day, I put my shorts away and put on long pants. A good day to lay low. Frowner

Hoping to visit Tom and Nancy Mon and Tues. The storms should blow through by tomorrow. (I hope!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Lucas has many patents. That which we call "lights" are no such thing. They are "dark suckers" which use power to suck darkness away.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...031038061#4031038061

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Arrived in Kentucky Monday afternoon. Another 210 miles. We stayed near Monticello at Conley Bottom RV Resort. There is a large marina based here on the huge inland Cumberland Lake. Only a couple miles from Tom and Nancy's place.

USELESS PHOTOBUCKET STILL NOT RESIZING head bang

Spent Monday evening and most of Tuesday visiting with them. Always a good time!

Heading for northern Ohio tomorrow. One more night there, then back to Michigan on Thursday.

A long journey with numerous enjoyable stops with such good friends. Now it's back to reality and home projects.

Have Barth, do travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Spent a great Tues afternoon/evening with the Johns. A wonderful time with some really good friends

Left Conley Bottom park this morning, reluctanly, but we need to get back and Thursday will be warm all the way home.

Drove 295 miles to the Wapakoneta KOA. KY was fine, but construction in Cincinnati as usual. Narrow lanes, rough and plenty of traffic. It was good once we cleared Dayton. Nice KOA, right off the freeway.

It appears we have stalled fairly well. The snow last weekend is gone and Thursday will be warm (albeit, wet) all the way home. Life is good.

Have Barth, travelling Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp