Forums    Barth Journeys    Arizona bound!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Arizona bound!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
We are off tomorrow morning, with our first overnite at the FMCA offices in Cincinnati tomorrow night. Then we'll make our way over to Memphis and take a day off and visit Graceland. Sure hope Elvis is home!
From there we are likely to head down to Rockport/Port Aransas Texas for a few days. We haven't been there before, so it will be fun to have a look around.
After that we'll be making our way north and west towards New Mexico and Arizona. The plan is to take about 2 weeks, with other stops along the way since this little adventure has us doing about 3500 miles to Pioneer RV Resort in Anthem Az. We'll be there 'til early April except maybe a week or so in January when we hope we can make it to Quartzsite for the big show. So come on by for a drink and some Barth talk if you are in the area!
Since we are taking off on American Thanksgiving my wife says we'll have turkey & cranberry sandwiches on the road tomorrow. Oh boy! I love 'em!
We'll be lookin for ya on the road!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Do you realize you are only a few thousand miles and a week out of your way from visiting the Florida GTG?

Have a safe trip. Say hi to Elvis Cool

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
When will you be in Memphis, if you can give me a days notice I can possibly bring my '75 and meet you somewhere. Will send you a PM with my home phone number.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/11
Picture of Morris
posted Hide Post
About six years ago Candy and I spent two weeks in Rockport. We stayed at the Raintree RV park, it is a low cost park with not much for amenities but in a good location for seeing the area. They did have a small pond with a foot bridge across it. The pond is full of turtles and they were used to people feeding them. Walk out on the bridge and drop some bread crumbs and turtle heads would pop up all over the pond, soon you had six or eight turtles under the bridge along with some fair sized catfish. About then the seagulls would show up an a battle royal would begin for the bread crumbs, what a circus! Another fun thing is a free ferry ride from Port Aransas to Mustang Island, If you manage to park on the outside of the ferry you usually could see some dolphins. We stayed a couple of nights in the State Park on Mustang Island, there though the sea fog came in at night and covered the motorhome with a salty film, that wasn't a problem in Rockport. Good Luck on your trip.

Posts: 19 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 12-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mary
We arrived at Tom Sawyers RV Park in West Memphis Arkansas this afternoon and they have wifi. Tomorrow we want to tour Graceland and Beale Srreet. Hope the weather clears by tomorrow.
We need to move on towards Texas on Monday so I don't think we can work out a meet-up.
Thanks for thinking about us.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it you may soon be in Tucsan. If you happen to see that 1992 34' unit passing thru have a peek and tell Rocklobster I have found about everything under the sun to fix (at home)before I can buy that thing. Tooling Along Happy and safe travels cheers

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kris and Tina
We ended up at the KOA in Van Horn Tx. for 2 nights because I-10 was closed from El Paso to Arizona due to ice and snow. We then booted it from van Horne to Picascho State Park south of Casa Grande Az. so no stopover in Tucson.
Set up and "at home" in north Phoenix now and having a ball visting with the grandson, (and his mom and dad of course!)
Barth never missed a beat 2960 miles.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643