Forums    Barth Journeys    The racing season is on for me!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The racing season is on for me!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Just got back from Mojave CA where we did timing for the Mojave Mile, We rented the Mojave Airport for the day and ran the cars on the main long runway. Did 296 runs even after getting started late and having a brief rain delay. Nothing spectacular in speed, Mojave is 2600 ft in elevation and the runway is slightly up grade.
Pictures later

March 18th, we head to Golied TX to do the timing for the Texas Mile shoot out. That event is March 25th-28th.

THEN we barrel down to Ft Lauderdale to catch a cruise on the 31st--1300 miles in 2 1/2 days--, We get off the cruise April 10 and will tour around the Florida area and have to be in Ft Stockton TX April 21st to time the BBORR event. Should be back home about April 30.

The race dates are cast but all other activities are subject to extreme flexibility! After this winter, (yeah right winter in CA!!) I will be very happy to be Barthing around the South, Southeast!

We are certainly not letting any grass grow under the Barth, we have put on approximately 60K miles in a little over 4 years.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Darn - I'll be out of state from about the 10th to the 25th.

Sounds like your getting use out of yours - I've put 50K on mine in four years...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
M we live in Naples about 90 miles from Fort L. We are leaving for new orleans on the 12th and are staying in the french quarter till the 17th then will stop in to see billy t and on our way to Texas.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I will have internet and cell coverage when traveling so I will inform where I am at and perhaps we can cross paths with other members. As I mentioned, the race dates are fixed but all the rest is subject to change.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post