Tools
Reply To This Topic

Off to My Sister's in NW MO
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
On the road tomorrow at oh-dark-thirty, SUN 12/20, for my sister's NE of KC MO. RON at Manchester, TN KOA, second night TBD by driving conditions,

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Be careful Rusty, and stay warm. Happy Holidays.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
We are also headed to NW Missouri for christmas. My folks near Maryville and friends in Kansas City.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My sister lives near Lathrop (10 mi. S. of Cameron).

I'm at KOA Manchester.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
How long do you think you'll have to stay in Manchester? Any trouble with the snow? Be careful.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Plan to leave on sked tomorrow morning. Weather doesn't look like it'll be perfect, but not too nasty - light rain and maybe flurries at worst. But then, weather-guessing and reality don't always mesh.

I've lived in Alaska and Maine, so I've experienced winter weather.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Now, as planned, at the Jonesburg Gardens Campground between STL and Columbia, MO - the only transient here. Weather looks moderate (possible light rain/drizzle, freezing unlikely) for tomorrow, but I only have about 4 hours' run.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
STL and Columbia, MO - the only transient here

Rusty,

Are the rest of them spending the winter in the south from the Yukon?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There's a buch of folks with permanent sites. The owner said I could move my coach anywhere to get satellite because no one would be coming or going.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
With all you winders covered with tin foil, they were probably just scared not to let ya go wherever ya wanted!!!!!!!!

A piece of cardboard on the back with "Area 51 or Bust" would just put a cherry on top.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
With all you winders covered with tin foil, they were probably just scared not to let ya go wherever ya wanted!!!!!!!!

Or it could be the hat he made out of the leftover foil.

I have one that I put on whenever anyone comes around when we are boondocking. Gives us lots of space. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I rely on my bumper sticker: "My psychaitrist and parole officer say I'm not supposed to get irritated!"

Anyway, my background in meteorology ("weather guesser") has helped, as the more foul weather has bypassed to the east, and a replacement from the west isn't going to hit until Weds. So it looks like a routine trip for the remaining 225 miles.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Or it could be the hat he made out of the leftover foil.
For those who need the extra protection, I offer this smilie for your use while here. Tin Foil Hat Club

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Landed at my sister's yesterday. Great driving weather - overcast, light winds, and despite TWC's predictions, nary a drop pf precip. Tooling Along

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke