Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Key West to Bar Harbor this Labor Day
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted
Our Alaska trip was postponed to next year because the couple that we were going with Mom in Law fell ill. Just as well, Helen's parents moved in with us for a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Eventually they moved into an assisted living facility nearby but Helen's Dad continued to deteriorate and eventually passed away end of May. SOOOOOO, we are planning an East Coast lighthouse tour. Starting in Key West and working our way up, stopping for sights along the way, ending in Bar Harbor by early October in time for the leaves. We have had two couples from Maine stop by this year who invited us to visit them when we get up there. We are also toying with the idea of crossing over into Canada and visiting Nova Scotia, you know, where all the coon-asses came from!

If anyone has experience with a prior journey like this we would appreciate any feedback.

I hope everyone in our Barth Community is doing well, we have not been on the site for a while.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billyt53:

I hope everyone in our Barth Community is doing well, we have not been on the site for a while.

Sorry to hear about Helens dad, lost mine last spring.

I was just talking about you the other day with Lynn. I have to get down and see all my relatives around Lafayette and Maurice. I bought Gunner and then Morris and Candies Monarch. You are right there but are another reason to come there.

Way more room for me. You know some eastern US Barth owners. Of course Bill NY and one that could put you on the Path to the east and up into Canada is Richard Muise with the Other Aristocrat.

I am a member of the Mary Ray Society with 3 Barths currently. I salvaged a 72 for my deer camp and it is a toad with no motor tranny or drive shaft. Tows like its not even there.

DBarth is currently up for sale. I can't drive 2 at a time. She needs a new home. Check the Barths for Sale if you have anyone interested. You know the quality.

Laisser les bons temps rouler

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Going up the East side of Florida, you'll want to stop in St. Augustine. You can jump off 95 pretty much anywhere past Daytona and take 1 up the coast to the lighthouse. There is a beachfront campground nearby, I think it's a State Park, and allow a day to see the fort and old town St. Augustine. See you at the GTG!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
To both Dana and Helen, so sorry to hear about the death of your loved one. Please remember that while you can't see them or touch them, or hear them, they are just around the corner and you'll see them again when you get there.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input Dana! Danny we went to St. Augustine back in '16, Helen had never been. Jim and Tere, thanks for the condolences...

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.