Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Off to the East Coast on Sunday
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Corey--the answer to all of your questions is YES! We stopped at the Flume and took the walking tour, then we went up the Franconia notch. Came back down and went over the Kanc, GREAT drive!

We made it over to Peak's Isle and had supper at "The Cockeyed Seagull" was a bit late to walk around and see much, we did walk along the shore a bit and then went back! Parking was abit of an issue but lucked out and found a space very near the ferry.

We are in Plymouth MA. this evening.

Pictures later

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
OK then.

You've now seen the best we have to offer. You're allowed to head West when desired!!

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Well, we are now home after a LONG trip!!

It was really great to make the DC GTG and again thanks to all that made it happen!! Great to meet everyone that attended!!

After the DC GTG, we went done to Ashville to tour the Biltmore mansion, spectacular! Then it was a mad dash to Golied Texas to set up for the Texas Mile. We arrived on Wednesday morning and by sundown we were ready for the next day's event.
Thursday was a day reserved for the Ford GT club, I think we had something like 40 cars, the fastest GT was around 220. Friday onward was for all comers, by Sunday night, we had over 1400 runs thru the mile.

Fastest car: Lamborghini at 241 MPH
Fastest Bike: 259.4 MPH

Unfortunately, the Lambo caught fire and burned a bit, probably due to an oil line coming off or something like that, Lots of damage to the very rear carbon fibre but certainly repairable.

Left after the event and got home yesterday about noon.

Trip stats:

Total days out: 39
Total miles driven: 8570
Total fuel used: 799.16
Average MPG: 10.7
Average fuel price: $2.62
Total oil used: 18 quarts (1 complete change 16 qts) 2 used
Total propane used: 30 gallons
Total generator time: 25 hours

No running issues except I had the TPS linkage break AGAIN! I had used a ball throttle connector and for some reason the ball started to come out of the retainer, only had about 10K miles on that system. Now I replaced that will a true Heim joint with retaining washers so that will never come loose again.

We are now looking for an excuse to come to another Barth GTG!

Will be off to LV in 2 weeks to attend the SEMA show there and the Optima USCI.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Way to go ED!!! I would think there are a lot of folks here that would love to take a month+ long trip and travel 8,570 miles with no problems. You really get to see quite a bit on trips like that. It was a pleasure meeting you at the D.C. GTG and I hope to see you again soon. If your ever coming to NJ, drop me a line and we'll hook up!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What was the bike?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Which one Click? Since I was hauling Kathleen's electric powered tricycle to the GTG she suggested that I take my Kawasaki Nomad down too. It worked out great except I ran into a minor trailer issue, which I was able to get around to get back home.
Ooooop's... D'oh I thought you knew I took my bike(s) to the GTG. My error for answering Ed's post.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Total oil used: 18 quarts (1 complete change 16 qts) 2 used

quote:
Total miles driven: 8570

Ed, That's a typo, right? Eeker

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post