Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Big time (for us) tour
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of Ol' Betsy
posted
We've come from Livingston TX through Florida up US Route 1 through Maine and into New Brunswick and now to Cape Breton where we are at a lovely campground in Englishtown.

Good repairs in Bangor ME at Brake Parts Plus Inc. Friendly campground with a restaurant near there called Pumpkin Patch.

We loved the Provincial Parks in New Brunswick and will head back through the province via provincial parks through to Quebec, then Ontario
(parts of each) and then back to the States via Sault Ste Marie. The Canadian people have all been very friendly and helpfuland curious both about the Barth and the fact that we are from Texas. We've logged 8000 plus miles so far and are thrilled with the comfort of the Barth and the durability.

I was looking for campgrounds on Cape Breton online and found the backend of a Barth in the photo. Someone was writing about the "Colours" celebration here in October and I'm thinking it might be the same person whose Barth is in the photo. Kind of neat.

We didn't drive the top of the Cabot Trail because of my lack of intestinal fortitude. We've been warned off because of our size, and then figured if driving was that hard neither of us could enjoy the view. My hubby would be stressed and I would be trying to remember all the decades of the Rosary with my eyes closed -- so we did the lower loop and enjoyed it immensely. Yesterday we went on Donelda's Puffin Tour (within walking distance of Englishtown Ridge Campground where we are staying) and saw, in addition to the puffins and other birds, about 20 eagles. I'd seen only one in the wild before now and am just plain awed . The tour is not expensive, the eagles come to the boat for fish, Donelda is well informed and it will be one of our best memories until we get here again.

God bless. I'm all talked out.

Betsy & Carl Feren
Ms Idgie and April
1992 30' Barth Breakaway

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This is a Big time adventure for anyone, and we're looking forward to updates and pix. Continue to drive safely and keep us informed.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a great trip...since StaRV II mostly goes to star parties, I've enjoyed the stirring sights and sounds of Thedford, Broken Bow and Valentine, NE; French Camp, MS; Beaver City, IN; Lathrop, MO; Ducktown, TN; and Lodi, OH....

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post