Tools
Reply To This Topic

Summer-Fall Star Party Circuit
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
6/21-30 - Buckeye on the Sky (BEOTS) Star Party, Lodi, OH. Local to US 301, SR A1A to I-95 to I-26 thence I-77 to US250 at Strasburg, OH; SR 83 to Wooster, local to site.

7/1-6 - Green Bank Star Gaze, Green Bank, WV. From BEOTS, local to I-76, to SR60 at New Gallilee, PA to I-79 at Pittsburgh. Thence to US33 at Weston, WV, US 250 at Elkins, SR 28 to site. Return SR 28 to Marlinton, US 219 to I-64 at Lewisberg to I-77 at Beckley, I-26 at Columbia, SC to I-95 to SR A1A/US 301, local to home.

7/25-8/3 - EPOCH '08 Star Party, Beaver City, IN. Local to I-10 to I-75 to I-24, then I-65 at Nashville, TN, SR 24 at Rensslaer, IN, local to site.

9/18-22 - Barth Chattanooga GTG. I-10/75/24 to site.

9/23-10/5 - Peach State Star Gaze (PSSG): From Barth GTG, I-24/I-75/I-20 to SR 22 at Crawfordsville, GA, SR 47 to Sharon, local to site. Return SR 47/22/I-20 to SR-44 to Eatonton, then US 129 to I-16 at Macon, to I-75/10/SR 100 to home.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Started POM (Preparation for Overland Movement) to BEOTS and Green Bank Star Gaze on StaRV II today...finished cleaning the roof (been a few years since that got done!), including removing and de-mildewing the Maxxair fan hoods, and repainting the reefer shroud.

My checklist starts at D-5, which is Tuesday.

More than likely, I'll forego the EPOCH '08 Star Party, since I have a lot to do here in finishing the house additions; usually I go to EPOCH and then to the Nebraska Star Party, but this year they're the same week, so the incentive to travel is less, and the weather and equipment malfunctions have set me back a few weeks.

I still plan, no matter what, to go to the Chattanooga GTG (my ex- got the "See Rock City" bumper stickers in the divorce...Big Grin), thence to the Peach State Star Gaze. I'll have the full astro-armament for the GTG, so we should be able to do a bit of stargazing...

D-7 and counting...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post