Forums    Barth Journeys    Bennett Springs,Mo.&Bull Shoals,Ak.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bennett Springs,Mo.&Bull Shoals,Ak.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
We are off to the Ozarks Sat.. First stop Bennett Springs State Park, near Lebanon Mo. then the next week at Bull Shoals, Ak. we will use as base camps and wander Mo. and Ak. for 2 weeks. Friends and family have recommened both places so we wil see the Ozarks.. JKB 1988 Regal 28' 454 All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
JKB, are you staying overnight at Bennett Spring?

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill; Yes . Sunday to Fri or Sat, Site 305. , how far away do you live? JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill; Sorry we should have looked at the map first looks like you are even closer to Lake of the Ozarks then Bennett Springs. We will arrive Sunday night ,staying at Bennett Springs for several days , picking up car in Lebanon on Monday AM. Would like to see your Barth or do come by cell phone # 708 825 7902 if it works? JKB 1988 28' 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
JKB, My work schedule next week doesn't look favorable but I'm hoping I can get a break. I will give you a call Monday. I think you will like the campground there and if you are into it Bennett Spring and the Niangua River is lots of fun for fly fishing. Bill

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill, Sounds good. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Hi all; Bennett Springs was very nice, but cold and rain half the days. Bill Stevson came down on Monday with his 73 Barth 25' 350 Chevy with a new paint job. It is a very nice riding Barth, he gave me a ride into Lebanon ,Mo. to pickup a rental car. He and Diane came back on Friday for supper. THe trip to Arkansaw was nice , but we had to come back early as Audrey's sister in law is now in hospic care. JKB 88 Regal 28' 454.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
While in Arkansaw ,at Bull Shoals State Park (good fishing)we went to Gaston,s Resort ,which is just outside the park on the river. The meal was excellent and the view was great. If you fly they have a landing strip on the property ,right in front of the restaraunt, if you fish they have boat rentals, guides and cottages to rent. My wife works for a group of lawyers and one of they said to try the food there. He was right. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake