Forums    Barth Journeys    Loading up for Houston TX (again)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Loading up for Houston TX (again)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Will be leaving for Houston either today or tomorrow. Depends on the servicing and packing. I will be timing the 1/2 mile event at Ellington Field Areos and Autos May 16th. This is only a one day event, a lot of driving for a single day work.

Stopping in Las Vegas on the way there, After the event, we have no plans on out return. We may tour thru Texas again as it has a lot of great places in the Big Bend Country area.

I am approaching 250K miles on the Breakaway so I did a fairly comprehensive service. Also notice a little uneven wear on the front tires (outside tread wearing faster than the inside) so I decreased the toe-in slightly.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We just doubled the welding shop, rebuilt and added another tubing bender and restocked stainless tube, sheet and exhaust stocks. Upholstery is humming along and if you have the time or need any repairs/alterations call me. Call even if you don't, it will be good to see you again!
Tom

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, I will certainly call you as I will have some free time and maybe we can arrange a GTG. Your shop is fairly close to Ellington Field, right?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Yes, right off the SH-146 freeway about 8 miles north and east.
While you are suffering in CA of drought we have accumulated about 18 inches of rain since Jan. on about a three day cycle. You may need an umbrella while you are here.
T.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, Should be in your area later early afternoon today. Will you be available? I have your phone # and will call you this morning.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater