Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tecate Mexico
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
We are joining our Church group and going to Tecate Mexico to build 6 houses. These are small but for the homeless, they will be "home".

We leave Dec 25th and will be on sire until Dec 31st. The lumber is pre-cut so it is just a matter of assembly, very straight forward.

After Dec 31st or perhaps on New year's Eve will drive to Yuma AZ and visit a close friend there. Gary Carter will you be there then? Any others? From Yuma will make our way back North with no plans or routes, Have friends in LA and Santa Barbara that we may try to see. Bill h will you be in the area?

Hope the weather improves, raining like crazy here for the last days, wouldn't be fun in the rain although I will be equipped.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:

After Dec 31st or perhaps on New year's Eve will drive to Yuma AZ and visit a close friend there. Have friends in LA and Santa Barbara that we may try to see. Bill h will you be in the area?

We plan on being in AZ (Walnut Grove) over New Year then down to Q than back and forth to do some barn and house layout stuff and try out my new post hole digger.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Bill, did you finally buy a place in Az? Gonna sell the Ca. place? Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Yes, finally.

Yes, in a little while.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Be back in Yuma Jan 4. Spending Christmas in MN

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As our schedule is VERY flexible, we will keep posting our where-abouts during the trip, Hope to link up this time with some of you!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Be very careful of Mexico!!! Nowhere is safe. Our friends were scheduled to go to Acuna (Del Rio Texas) on mission work and the Mexican gov't convinced them to wait until the country finds a solution to the drug wars.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI Tom, Yes, I am a bit nervous about that also, we are supposed to be with 200+ people going there BUT if there is ANY hint of danger at the border, I head elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
You might not need this but many US citizens think if they take a weapon with them they can defend themselves, BUT it is illegal to bring a weapon into Mexico and they will arrest and jail anyone found with one. The only way around this (which some have done) is to buy one on the street after clearing their customs and disposing of it before returning to the US. On several trips via sailboat the need for defensive weapons was greater than the benefit of the trip so we just quit going there. It is OK to have weapons at sea but not to bring them into the country. I would suggest checking the US State department web site for the Foreign Clearance Guide for the country and they update warning s and contact information daily. There is a classified one but you can't get to that, however the unclassified version is quite good.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Guide requires a DOD authorization that most people won't have but here is another way to check: http://travel.state.gov/travel...a_tw/tw/tw_4755.html
Hope it helps.

FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
What's the logic of going to Mexico to help homeless people when we have so many here (homeless and needy people)? I'm not against the concept of helping the most needy, but doesn't charity begin at home? Might you not be enabling the messed up politics down there?

Stay home, stay safe, or at least head somewhere where you are wanted. I'll suggest you start in DC, although it may be no safer!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
What's the logic of going to Mexico to help homeless people when we have so many here (homeless and needy people)?
Why Mexico only? Why not Anyplace, USA?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Boy, that is a loaded question....

Here's where I have come from and what I have experienced....

Many times, people here in the US are so bitten by the "entitlement bug" that there is no end to helping them or not actually helping but giving and giving and giving to them.....it's kind of like giving them a fish and then they keep coming back every meal

"asking where their fish is".....

Whereas, many people in other lands, are so overwhelmed when they realize that I took time off of work, paid my own way to their country, and worked to help them. This happened when I went on a mission trip to Russia. The Russians could not believe that I did this...they wondered what my ulterior motive was...when they realized this, it really allowed them to see the true love of God....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many times, people here in the US are so bitten by the "entitlement bug"

I respectfully reject that argument, but recognize it is your reality and respect it as such. If a 5 year old underprivileged kid with no concept of Christmas (or where the next meal comes from) feels "entitled" then I do have it all wrong!

I don't want to bring religion into this website, but I'm afraid that "making people feel the true love of God" and just plain 'helping needy people" may be completely separate venues.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
God Bless you K&E. You are a true ambassador...
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
it's kind of like giving them a fish and then they keep coming back every meal

"asking where their fish is".....
I subscribe to the philosophy of teaching someone to fish so they can fend for themselves... More of a HAND UP approach than a HAND OUT approach.

K&E, I agree with you... to a point. I see people who prey on the same very people you talk about to enrich themselves. I get burned up every time I hear the likes of people like Al Sharpton wanting "Social Justice" when it's their very policy of "Social Justice" that is keeping themselves enslaved in a vicious cycle of poverty and despair.

HAND UPS should be the Hand Out. Not the handout only.

I was only asking because if MWrench can't go to Mexico - could his church do something in the USA instead? I just was trying to find out if it was Mexico or no go...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post