Tools
Reply To This Topic

Usual Holiday Journey
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Tuesday 12/18 (Maybe Monday if the storm expected from the West Coast is predicted to hit western MO by Thursday) StaRV II, the Gruesome Twosome, and I leave for my sister's NE of KC. I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to IL (RON in Manchester, TN, lv 12/19), then I-57 to Mt. Vernon (RON lv 12/20), thence I-64 to I-70, then I-40/US-40 back to I-70 to Independence, MO, SR 291 to I-35 at Liberty, to Lathrop.

Side stop in St. Charles to drop off some astrogear, and the usual stop at Cummins Tools in Indepedence to spend money on bargain tools I probably don't need (but one never can tell...)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is that Cummins tools home base? They come down this way with their semi sales once in a while. I never need anything till I get there. Looking forward to the next one so I can get a splitting mall.
Have a safe trip, take care of the young-uns, and drive safe.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They're HQ'd in Spring Hill, KS just south of KC. It's the same Cummins Tool that has the on-the-road sales. I'd guess the Independence store has about 20,000 sq. ft.; sadly, all their stores are around KC and St. Louis.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The one who dies with the most tools wins.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I thought it was, "He who dies with the most tools he takes with him wins" Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Redux...except leaving Weds 12/17, and no side trip with for the tripod drop-off. RONs are also a day earlier (Manchester 12/17 and Mt. Vernon 12/18).

I-64/US-40 is closed, so it's I-70 through St. Louis.

Weather looks decent - maybe light rain in TN Weds, maybe snow flurries in IL Thu.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
You can also purchase Commins tools at:
http://www.toolsnow.com/

NT

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip Rusty!! We have been having very cold (35-46) weather for the SF Bay Area. Have snow in the hills around us and this stuff is moving East! Be careful!

Happy Holidays!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
TY! Now, NOAA/NWS has issued "dense fog" warnings for my area, until 10AM 12/17...we'll see...still planning to ease on down the road by 7AM.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke