Barthmobile Portal
Texas Mile, Ford GT event at Mojave, CA

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6341087061/m/3603947387

11-02-2014, 09:29 PM
MWrench
Texas Mile, Ford GT event at Mojave, CA
Well first of all it was indeed a sad day at Mojave Friday with the crash of Space ship 2. I watched the lift off of the White Knight and saw the brief contrail after the space ship was released. Unfortunately the co-pilot was also lost. Huge set back for this program.

I got to Texas a week before the Texas Mile event and had a great visit with Tom King in Houston Thanks Tom!

We had a total of 1245 runs in three days at the Beeville Chase field. This is the last race there but will be relocated to another location after all the paper is signed.

Fastest car was 273 MPH and fastest bike was around 230 MPH.

Left that area Monday and arrived at Mojave CA on Wednesday late afternoon. Race was on Saturday. We had 15 cars, small event but even so we had 182 runs for the day. I was testing some new equipment that I have designed and it all went very well.

Got back This AM a bit tired but all was good.

Logged 5980 miles. The Breakaway now is at 223,130 miles. Averaged slightly under 10 MPG but was never blow 70 MPH and for many hours in Texas was over 75 MPH. Still using less than a quart of oil in 2000 miles

Good to be back and looking forward to a quiet winter!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater