Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

More racing activity, off to Mojave CA on Thursday
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
I will be timing the Mojave Mile shootout on Saturday and Sunday, the turn out is small but it is a growing event.

We will leave here and spend Thursday night at Redrock State Park North of Mojave off Highway 14. Friday I go to the Mojave Airport to set up all the equipment that I use to record the racers speed at the end of a mile.

We will return on Sunday night late after the event.

We will head out to Texas Oct 3, via Albuquerque for the annual balloon festival. I work the Texas Mile Oct 22-24. From there to the Sema show in LV and the Optima Invitational event in Pahrumph.

I will be trying out the new Virgin Mobile broadband service during this trip, Virgin has released a new program that is a month to month plan ($40/month) 3G, unlimited usage, no contract! I have a Cradlepoint router in the Breakaway so all my computers have internet access. I use 6 for the timing activities.

We should be back to home base Nov 10.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Ed, please keep us posted on the Virgin internet service.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Sounds like a great deal for your internet access!!! We hope all goes well on your journeys...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:

We will leave here and spend Thursday night at Redrock State Park North of Mojave off Highway 14.

Red Rock is pretty tough cell phone reception. Last time, even my rotatable Wilson Yagi wouldn't bring in a Verizon signal. But that was at least a year ago.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Trip went well, Race event went smoothly although it was HOT!

Fastest bike was 251 MPH and the fastest car (Dodge Viper) went 223 MPH. With the heat and surface elevation the DA (density altitude) was well over 6000 ft. These speeds went too bad for a standing mile shootout!

Virgin Mobile broadband worked very well!!, was faster then our previous Sprint, but we are on a month to month with Sprint and have an old card that will barely connect at EVDO speeds. The Virgin Mobile uses Sprint towers and we were connected at EVDO rev A most of the time, had a few drop-out along I5 but didn't last long. The really test will be next week on our journeys to Texas to time the Texas Mile.

Yup, Bill H, no cell (AT&T) or broadband (Virgin)at Red Rocks Canyon. Had to get almost to Mojave before connections were solid.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:

Yup, Bill H, no cell (AT&T) or broadband (Virgin)at Red Rocks Canyon. Had to get almost to Mojave before connections were solid.

With VZ, I get reception by going out on the service road and a little south.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post