Forums    Barth Journeys    Heading to Goliad TX Sunday!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading to Goliad TX Sunday!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
I have been invited to run my speed trap display at the Texas Mile Shootout. This has been my activity for the past years after retirement, working ORR and shootouts doing timing and scoring as well as communications.
The next event I will work will be at Ft. Stockton TX., Apr 22-25 called BBORR. (Big Bend Open Road Race.) Both events have been sold out!

The only down side is that I have other duties that require me to return back to the SJC area immediately after the Texas Mile Shootout so I have to find a place to store the Barth for three weeks in between the races. I wish We could stay out and ramble around but that has to be after the BBORR event.

I thought this would be a quiet summer BUT looks like we are going to rack up the miles again this year!

Set up at BBORR last year

Update: Looks like Wifey found a storage place in San Antonio near the airport where we can store the Barth between the events.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
For anyone wondering what this picture was? It was me going by in the Stagecoach after I had the engine turned up. It still got better than 8MPG but I better turn it back down before the Texas State Patrol buys faster aircraft! Big Grin

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Bill
If that is your speed and not the time of day, you really got yourself a heck of a tune-up!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
That was the speed! Don't tell me your Barth won't go that fast?! The Stagecoach does have a "special" turbo and also the optional Ticonderoga suspension and costapedic interior. The Ticonderoga was the upgrade from the older Conestoga suspension. Big Grin

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post