Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

We pulled into spring valley campground
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
On our way to Cleveland we stayed at this campground.It is on interstate70 one mile from Interstate 77 It is the nicest one we had on the trip and it is under $30 for full hookup.going to stay here for a extra day on our way home.
Since we had the speedometer fixed we have put on 2400 miles.Our next stop will be in South Carolina probably near Walterburo Lord willing.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at the New Green Acres RV park (and will tomorrow night) in Walterboro - very nice.

Exit 53 I-95.

There's a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. The Texas Roadhouse* the other side of the interstate is to be avoided at all costs. Awful!

*EDIT: It was The Long Horn Steak House...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
"There they go Again". Be very careful about things with Texas in their title: We get blamed all the time for what others think is Texan. For instance, in NEw York we wondered what a Texas Red Hot was, since there are no such things here. We already knew that steak does not come from Texas - burgers, barbecue, TexMex, Margaritas and lower forms of beef like hamburgers do but good steak comes from Omaha, Colorado, New York and other places. Ours is feed lot quality and we did invent the Chicken Fried Steak. On long cattle drives the weakest were slaughtered for food and the meat so tough it had to be fried in batter to make it edible. Now they use tenderloin for it. Texas Roadhouse came from Louisville, but Fuddruckers is Texan.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we are on our way home .We are staying at green acres on the the 6th.we are just missing each other
lenny
PS see you in Washington

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty when did you leave green acres /We arrived at 3:00 pm on the 6thmust have just missed you.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We just missed - I left at 9 AM this morning, got home around 3:30 PM after shopping in JAX and picking up the mail...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post