Forums    Barth Journeys    Got's to go, to Pocono!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Got's to go, to Pocono!
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Another trip in the history book. Just got back from a fine weekend at the racetrack. Besides a shorter race I had no problems with the Barth. Another 5 hour road trip to watch a 2.5 mile track.

Internal battery charged up again. Vacations do that... Back to the grind again. Smiler

As usual, we passed several broken down coaches, Rv's and campers, every time you pass someone broken down you say a small prayer. It's worked well for me so I'll keep doing it.

You want to stop and help. You just can't, you've got several other people in the coach and there are no emergency lights on the Barth.

As usual, after arriving at the track and parking next to some good people, you'll see people popping the hoods and working on their rigs. I helped several people and was treated to some free food and adult beverages as a reward. "Will work for food and drink" should be posted on the coach too! Big Grin

From what I could tell, no Barth at the racetrack again. Plenty of people stopped by from the past few years said "hi". I will be back in August to repeat the ritual.

One minor problem. I went to the care center and had a splinter removed from under my findernail. I had to start the conversation with the EMT's by saying, "No job too small right?" and then having to hear the story of the "Lion with a splinter" again.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time Bill. Do you set up an official type repair service or do you just help folks out? At the entrance to the family campground at Dega they have a large area set up
for a local RV service center, and they are there for the entire weekend. They even have a flyer included with the tix and passes from the track. I'm thinking it's Grizzly RV or something like that, and I've heard they are very fair to deal with. Of course I have a Barth so I wouldn't know how they treat breakdowns or problems Big Grin, but they don't leave until Monday after everyone else is gone.
Anyway, get on down here for Dega, and let's have some fun!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
...Do you set up an official type repair service or do you just help folks out?
It's a vacation. I do it for fun, I hate to see anyone suffering when they're on vacation.
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Anyway, get on down here for Dega, and let's have some fun!
Man, would I love too.

It cost $200.00 to run the Barth 5+ hours roundtrip including the generator, on and off, for the 3+ days.

Zip 12550, what would you think a roundtrip to Dega would cost? I also think that it would be a 2 day trip instead of 2.5+ hours each way.

Well, I guess if you want to go to "The Track" it's worth anything. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I came up with 1000 miles, 16 hours travel time for you. That's a pretty healthy trip just for a race. It's about 640, 11 hours, for us, but we make a week out of it, with a night at Wind Creek State park, so we don't kill ourselves with overtime wheel time.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to help, but my laptop (with the mapping apps) died, so I can't. But, OTOH, I just finished a 2K round trip for about $690 - roughly 39 road hours. Genset costs were about $25 of that.

Didn't see many RVs on the roadside, but ont the way up to OH there were a few of the peasants' wrinkled cars roadside around Charlotte, NC. Only a semitrailer on its side was entertainment (in WV) on the return trip.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post