Tools
Reply To This Topic

Talladega
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Just wondering if anyone else is going to Dega nxt month. I believe Billy T will be in the infield, and we'll be just outside of turn 2 in the Family Campground. After reading about the Austin GP ticket prices, I think we got a deal!
Two tix for both races and reserved campsite for $360.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Getting prepped for the trip. Did the crawler underneath inspection today, finding nothing amiss, and removed the doghouse to check everything under there. Everything looks fine. Will do the oil change and filter tomorrow, with a squirt of grease in the fittings, but I'm pretty confident in the Euro. We're doing a much different trip to Dega this year, only using Interstate from home to Suwanee River State Park, then state highways all the way to Cheahe in Alabama, about 25 miles east of the track. Mapquest shows a difference of about 1 hour, but if we only went 60 on the Interstate, what's the big difference? I think we'll see a whole lot of Alabama that we'd never see taking the road more traveled.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Making the anual thip for the spring race at Bristol this year we stayed on 2 lane instead of I-75. A few site seeing detours along the way, A few more hours. Well worth it.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the 2 lanes when you're not in a hurry! (Who's ever in a hurry in a 60 mph Barth! The ride's half the fun!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ran the entire trip as discribed above, doing North Florida to north Bama on all state roads. An absolutely beautiful, relaxed trip. The Euro likes 60 a lot better than 70, and 45-50 is just fine with her too. Cheaha State Park in Bama is about 80 miles west of Atlanta, not far south of 20, and is incredible. 2400 feet above sea level and Bald Rock looks down on the entire north, while the highest point in Bama has a tower to climb and see all the way around. Both are short walks from the campgrounds. The only thing to think about is the road into the park, a winding 2 lane with some really steep grades. I was down to 1st gear at maybe 5 mph at times. Lots of bigger rigs and huge 5ths so I guess everyone can make it. Didn't see any Barths at the track or on the road. The Euro performed flawlessly, but started to squeek a little in the last leg. It's in the clutch fan system but I haven't checked it out yet. No biggie I'm sure. Over 1300 miles and the dipstick dropped less than 1/8 of an inch. Not bad for a 31 year old original 454 with well over 100 g on it. The OP was better than ever the entire trip, so I'm a believer in NexGen Castrol. Lots of pix to post but don't have them ready yet so stay tuned.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of #1 Barth
posted Hide Post
I'll be there in the spring for sure. I really wanted to go this fall but was working in Louisville that weekend

Posts: 11 | Location: Atlanta GA | Member Since: 08-26-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post

Campsite at Suwanee River State Park, Florida

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post

View from Bald Rock, Cheaha State Park.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post

Campsite at Cheaha State Park, Alabama

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Found these in my barthmobile email Danny. Sorry its taken me this long to get them up.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. The first is our set-up at Dega, with turns 1-2 in the background. 2nd is Suzie at Highest Point, and 3rd is our first night at Suwanee River. It was a rainy drizzly night so I never put the awning out.
Will you be doing a calendar this year? I always get a kick out of seeing the old Euro for a month. Might be a good time to remind the owners to get a good pic of their coach to you for consideration.

79 Barth Classic