Tools
Reply To This Topic

Trip North
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
We're enjoying this beautiful Michigan weather. We spent 5 days getting up here, visiting friends along the way and getting caught in a massive traffic jam on 75 in Tennessee. I took a wrong turn at the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway and we wound up on 74 west almost to Chatanooga but it was a beautiful crazy drive along the river watching thousands of rafters and kayakers running mile after mile of rapids. The Barth ran flawlessly at speed but seems to drop a cylinder or something when going slower. We're running I75 all the way home so I'm not too worried about it. Gas was between 3.29 and 399 all the way, the cheapest being Georgia. I got just over 8 mpg on the highway. I was informed I had a brake light out and found a burnt bulb that just crumbled in my fingers. I'll be checking out LEDs today. The only other issue is leaking power steering fluid, but I'll fix that when we get home. For now we are just enjoying upper 70s and sunshine. Getting a rental car today for the weekend. Boy! Did they get expensive!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good trip Smiler

We'll be hitting the road next month to Mena Arkansas for a Hamfest . Most of October we'll be on the road to Georgia for Wanderlodge Owner's Group rally . We take our time there and back to enjoy the trip . It will be a three week trip . Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
Sounds like a good trip Smiler

We'll be hitting the road next month to Mena Arkansas for a Hamfest . Most of October we'll be on the road to Georgia for Wanderlodge Owner's Group rally . We take our time there and back to enjoy the trip . It will be a three week trip . Tooling Along

I need to message you my phone number. I might run down to the hamfest, and it'd be nice to meet up with you. Probably be without the Barth, due to me doing some maitenance on it....

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be great Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's been a great time in Michigan but it's time to point the Barth south and head back to Florida. We're aiming for Big Bone Lick today and probably stay there till Thursday, then head on south again. It's great traveling when you have no deadlines on when to be somewhere.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep we love traveling when we can take our time and mosey around .
In 13 months I will be able to mosey as much as we want Smiler .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Back home safe and sound. The 78 ran great, it seems to drop a cylinder going slow but at about 50 it kicks right in and runs strong. I'll be investigating that. We burned out a brake light and I put a new bulb in up there but it's already out so I guess I'll be troubleshooting that and the turn signals that all blink at once instead of one side or the other. Haven't checked the milage over all but the legs I checked on the road showed right around 8. Gas was highest in Florida and Michigan, and cheapest in Georgia. Best I paid was 3.07. Highest 4.09 in Michigan. The speedometer quit working in upper Florida, so I'll have to check that out too. Overall a great trip in a 44 year old coach, our second 3000+ mile trip in 9 months. Time to get it ready for another one.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
Home safely sounds like a good trip Smiler.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW