Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading south soon
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
You need to retire and run away. The winter chased me all the way to central Florida.

Funny how the snow muffles sounds. Same thing with gun shots. Heavy snow you can't hear squat over 50 yards, besides everybody else is inside with their ears covered!

Looks like she won't be shoveling much snow for a while. Hope everything knits well. run away… Cool
perfect answer Canada=80 cents on the dollar=real friendly people= Vancouver island is a balmy 12 cent.Leave your guns at the border you don't need them here .make sure you know a little about your air brakes.Micro breweries where born in Victoria I know because I did the chillers for specific mechanical,then seatlle ,Portland then all over.not bad eh? wally the friendly canuck!

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Dana, sorry to hear about Lynn, but glad she's ok, at least not frozen solid.

Dana, what bad news Sorry
I hope Lynn heals rapidly without complications

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Don't want to take this thread off track but.....

Thanks for the well wishes. Update on Lynn is as follows. Surgery last Friday. Couple hrs and 4 sheetrock screws. Well that's what it looks like in the xray. Very little pain so shes off the Narcotics and only on Tylenol. Looks Great in the xrays. They will have to take out the 2 screws that are holding everything in place by holding the tibia and fibia together. Other 2 that are holding the tip on the tibia that holds the ankle together. They will stay. Stitches out Monday and then a cast I believe. Thanks again for the well wishes.

Steve got to keep working so cant run away no matter how much I'd like to.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update. Smiler

I got your message, will take care of as soon as the ice melts. Wink

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wally povajnuk:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
You need to retire and run away. The winter chased me all the way to central Florida.

Funny how the snow muffles sounds. Same thing with gun shots. Heavy snow you can't hear squat over 50 yards, besides everybody else is inside with their ears covered!

Looks like she won't be shoveling much snow for a while. Hope everything knits well. run away… Cool
perfect answer Canada=80 cents on the dollar=real friendly people= Vancouver island is a balmy 12 cent.Leave your guns at the border you don't need them here .make sure you know a little about your air brakes.Micro breweries where born in Victoria I know because I did the chillers for specific mechanical,then seatlle ,Portland then all over.not bad eh? wally the friendly canuck!
Sorry! Seattle is an excellent choice also!

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
No way on Seattle, no sunshine there. Temperate climate indeed but not enough sun. I will do an Alaska run some day, maybe see you on the way.

Dana, glad to hear the mechanics got a good patch job going on Lynn's bad wheel. Hope things continue well. Heck, she's young she should heal in time to finish that driveway before the spring thaw. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I don't want you to think I'm having too much fun. On the way down here, the front seal started leaking, the right rear disc is grinding, and the microwave died.

Replaced the Sharp microwave/convection oven. (Separate thread here)

Today I did one of the other projects that I already knew about. The left rear HWH leveler broke last summer. I replaced it with one of the front ones I removed long ago. Now both the rears work again.

Tomorrow my brake parts will arrive, I will post both projects when done. mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Etymology:
Probably ultimately from St. Jerome's saying: fac et aliquid operis, ut semper te diabolus inveniat occupatum.

Proverb -
Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Mischief

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Steve,
Etymology:
Probably ultimately from St. Jerome's saying: fac et aliquid operis, ut semper te diabolus inveniat occupatum.

Proverb -
Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Mischief
so is a full working tongue!Wally van-isle

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got started on the rear brake work. Pulled wheels, caliper and hose, rotor is next. I will continue tomorrow and post a new rear disc thread. Wifi is stupid slow here, photos take a WHILE to get to PB. head bang

Link to rear disc brake thread here

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp