Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading south soon
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The "Michigan Tailwind" is still blowing. Two nights at St Andrews, nice park. Highs 50's low 30's.

Two nights at Hillsborough… site 70 floods during rain times… We had 1 inch of water on the entire site, good thing we weren't tenting! head bang

Almost couldn't get out this morning, mud about 10 inches deep, up to the rims in back… confusion

The park is great but that site suxs. Lows in the upper thirties again.

We are now at Riverside RV park near Arcadia. Planning to see Danny and Suzy this weekend, then on to Glades City.

Sunny and 50's here. Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Hopefully your through the real cold weather. It's supposed to be 25 here in Tallahassee tonight.

Say hello to Danny and Susie for us.

Ed & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
18° here in Crawfordville, GA last night - 28° forecast for tonight...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Here in Fort Lauderdale, the coldest in the last four years.
Frowner
Correction: tied the record

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Trying to figure the best route home to avoid 0C temps from Largo. I think we will spend the next week south of Memphis. Mary Ray how is the forecast for your world looking late next week?

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing you guys. I'll move the Euro so you can have the concrete and power. It will be a good time to try out my new creeper to have a look-see at the underside. Power is only 15 amp but you won't be needing air this weekend.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
Only -10 here in north central Ohio this morning!
Could be worse, I suppose, but about now it would be nice to be somewhere sunny and warm.
Braley in Milan

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Spent the day Saturday and stayed the night with Danny and Suzy. Always a great time to see them! Thumbs Up

We motored on south to Everglades City. Tom has already left, Nancy's father has health issues and she flew home. I will miss them. Hoping everything works out OK for them.

We finally shook the cold air. It was 70's yesterday and almost 80's today! A week here and we're off to the Keys! Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it to your next destination. Had a good time over the weekend. More company coming in today.[Suzies Mom] We can always tell when the winter is long and cold up north. Lots of visitors! Hope to see you again on the northbound side.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Well Steve you escaped. Lynn slipped when we were clearing the snowplow ridge at the end of the drive at -7 degrees and 10:30 at night Wednesday. Broke her leg and ankle. Surgery complete yesterday got everything back in line. To bad I don't have xray vision or 4 sheetrock screws would have fixed her right up.

Lynn's scream is loud enough to shatter glass but not a single neighbor heard it. If I hadn't been there at the time who knows how long before some one would have noticed. She wailed like a banshee all the way to the hospital. I grabbed her by the shoulders and dragged her into the back seat of my Buick. 911 operator kept telling me to stop and they would send someone to me. They don't know me at all. Hospital ER was ready when we got there. They had a wheelchair I quickly told them a gurney. They couldn't figure out how I was going to get her out or how I got her in.I straddled the gurney and slid her onto there. Good thing she had a sturdy coat on. They were amazed. -7 degrees she wouldn't have lasted long in the snowbank.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Dana, good work! Sorry to hear such a story though.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
So glad you were home.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You need to retire and run away. The winter chased me all the way to central Florida.

Funny how the snow muffles sounds. Same thing with gun shots. Heavy snow you can't hear squat over 50 yards, besides everybody else is inside with their ears covered!

Looks like she won't be shoveling much snow for a while. Hope everything knits well. run away… Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Made it to Sunshine Key Barth Resort and spa! Finally shook the winter cold. 80 degrees, sunny and light winds. Life is good.

We have a month here to catch up up with all the Barth projects, the ones I planned and the new ones from the trip down. I need to replace the seal, replace one furnace, and replace the right rear brakes. Meanwhile, I had planned to replace the rear leveling jacks, work on wheel wheels, replace the shower. Oh well, someday. mechanic

to be continued.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Dana, sorry to hear about Lynn, but glad she's ok, at least not frozen solid.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post